The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Reao

Reao
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

INCREASED PRIORITY MOVES

ahhh fun topic here. Priority Refers to the order in which a trainers commands are carried out by a pokemon. there are three types of priority but we'l get into that in another post, lets focus on "INCREASED PRIORITY" increased Priority ranges from +1 Priority to +7 Priority, the Higher the Priority the Faster the move. normal moves are ranked at 0 priority and depend on a pokemons speed stat. moves like protect, detect and Endure are at +3 priority, meaning thel still go before priority attacks, but we'l be dealing with +1 Priority attacks.
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! 240px-DPVacuum_wave
Increased Priority moves ALWAYS go first, in-spite of the pokemons' speed or status, like Paralysis for example, MEANING!!! oh yeah!! even when you get thunder waved you can smash the oppenent in the face before he attacks anyway!!!!
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! 210px-395Empoleon
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR COMBINATION S
increased priority attacks normally are low powered with 40 power on average (bar extreme Speed which has 80 power) but dont shrug them off cuz of their low power. paired with the right pokemon youl get the additional power of stab boosting normal base 40 moves to 60 and extreme speed from 80 to 120!!!! so youl hit FAST and HARD!!!! boosting items always help with pushing the power of attacks up. a Empoleon with Aqua Jet will get stab and even the added bonus of and item like the INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Bag_Mystic_Water_Sprite"Mystic Water", INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Bag_Sea_Incense_Sprite"Sea Incense" or the INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Bag_Wave_Incense_Sprite"Wave Incense" dealing some serious damage. it doesn't make any sense to use a priority move if your faster that your opponent.but for special cases where the oppenent has got a trump on u in speed they come as a nasty surprise. Say your empoleon is hit by brick break from Gallade and has 3HP left (Close Call...) u hit Gallade with surf(thinking its all over you win) but POW it leaves him with about 15%HP (WHAT GREAT SP DEF GALLADE HAS!!) u know your not fast enough to kill him what do you do? you use AQUA JET!!!! with STAB it now has 60 base power!!! then theres the mytic water ups water type moves by 20% which makes it,72 base power!! but oh!!!! Empoleons' HP is low! TORRENT KICKS IN!!! boosting 72 by 50% making it 108 base Power!!!! you kill Gallade before it had time to launch another attack!( bet the other Guy's surprised right? anyway use priority attacks carefully and skillfully and thel become and invaluable addition to ANY and EVERY team.
Heres a List of all the +1 Priority Moves and some pokemon that Know them:
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! FightingICVacum WaveINCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Ani448MS
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! FightingICMach PunchINCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! 107MS
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! WaterICAqua JetINCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! 395MS
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! IceICIce ShardINCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Ani215MS
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! SteelICBullet PunchINCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! 376MS
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! NormalICExtreme SpeedINCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Ani448MS
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! NormalICFake Out
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! NormalICQuick AttackINCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Ani215MS
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! GhostICShadow SneakINCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Ani356MS
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! DarkICSucker PunchINCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Ani303MS
INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! 150px-Hchan_mach_p
till my next post, Later.

PLZ FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OWN COMMENTS ON THE MOVE AND COMBINATION S

Last edited by Reao on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

2happy Re: INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:27 am

boy from asension

boy from asension
Knight
Knight

Intesting but I still don't think I'll use many simple because they don't fit in with me...

3happy Re: INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:37 am

Luigi_Lord

Luigi_Lord

They're great for killing off an opponent. But obviously, if you send out a pokemon that you're oppenent knows has a priority move like Bullet Punch, and their pokemon has like 20HP left, they'll switch out. That's why you set up Stealth Rock or some other hazard that will damage them when they switch in. Very Happy

4happy Re: INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:38 am

Paradox

Paradox
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

You forgot Bide.

http://www.skorgro.com/

5happy Re: INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:42 am

Reao

Reao
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

i didnt forget bide its just that its a kind of a special case. like pursuit

6happy Re: INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Paradox

Paradox
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bide_(move)#Generation_IV

No, it's now a Priority move in Generation IV. <_<

http://www.skorgro.com/

7happy Re: INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:27 am

jolteon00

jolteon00
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer

Priority moves are great to have on leads or anti-leads with mediocre speed. Very Happy One of mine knows shadow sneak just to ruin pokemon trying to hold on with a focus sash.

http://www.twitter.com/kaieous

8happy Re: INCREASED PRIORITY ATTACKS!! Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:54 am

Anonymous

I love using Pursuit!
Even though its not a +1 priority I feel it should be mentioned here.

My Tyranitar has a choice scarf, so basically, any psychic or ghost pokemon without a fighting type move, gets trapped and killed. Very Happy
Its pretty much an awesome move once you know how to use it right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum