The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Engineer's sob story.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy An Engineer's sob story. Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:16 am

Pokéfreak

Pokéfreak
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero

Hello everybody. As some of you may have already heard, the engineer update has been released for Team Fortress 2. And to everybody that primarily rolled engy before the update: Good luck. The servers will be flooded with people waiting for an engineer to leave the game or change classes so that they can try out the new weapons. Sadly, this means people who have no idea how to engineer will be placing sentries in the middle of a 2fort base courtyard. I rolled Spy today, and I got at least 5 sentries in one life. Today's engineers really are that stupid. Now excuse me, I'm going to try and get that Sentry-mind-control-gun.

2happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Lol yes...that's how character updates go :p

I've found that snipers are complimenting the mass of engineers for a few reasons:

- Their buildings can be taken out from a long distance.
- Engis tend to stay still (perfect for headshots) while they build.

Fun times Very Happy

How many engi achievements do you have?

http://www.sweetcharm.net

3happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:03 pm

kommeo

kommeo
Admin
Admin

I'm not a noob with the engineer I just do play him that much, when I do play him I try to hide the sentries and not stand still when trying to fix them (I see you Clover and your sniping ways o.0)

4happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Pokéfreak

Pokéfreak
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero

Engineer achievements? I haven't gotten a single one due to all the engineer slots being taken. I waited in the spawn are for about 2 minutes until a slot opened up, because I really wanted to be engy. As soon as the slot opened, somebody rushed in and took it from me. They should give you an achievement if you manage to get the engy slot.

5happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:15 pm

kommeo

kommeo
Admin
Admin

eh, I'm not to worried about it, I've been in some games that no one is an engineer, this whole thing will pass eventually

6happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

kommeo wrote:I'm not a noob with the engineer I just do play him that much, when I do play him I try to hide the sentries and not stand still when trying to fix them (I see you Clover and your sniping ways o.0)

hehe =w=

Yeah, honestly it's difficult to be an engineer if you don't know the maps (for ME anywho)

It's handy to know where the good hiding spots are and so forth (which is why I only play engineer on maps I know well, and especially if I'm defending)

The main thing you have to consider is if someone will be able to take out your buildings from a distance, and where spies can sneak into your engi nest.

7happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:27 pm

ThisGuy

ThisGuy
Pokémon Champion
Pokémon Champion

kommeo wrote:I'm not a noob with the engineer I just do play him that much, when I do play him I try to hide the sentries and not stand still when trying to fix them (I see you Clover and your sniping ways o.0)

Yeah, but keep in mind that they now have the mini-turret that they can control manually =/ As such, a lot of noob engies'll just be hanging out in a ring of dispensers while his turret is on the roof killing off enemies.

8happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:55 am

Pokéfreak

Pokéfreak
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero

Woohoo! I finally got to be engi! But than the round ended. XP

9happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:14 am

kommeo

kommeo
Admin
Admin

lol awww I got to be engineer for a while killed a couple of people with the sentries and atleast I go an achievement to xD.

10happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:12 am

Anonymous

I am sooo worried about this =(

11happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:17 am

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Trito-Boy wrote:I am sooo worried about this =(

Lol Barry. Have you played the game even? XDDD

Oh and on a side note, I know I mentioned it before but I reeeeealllyy love killing sentries as a sniper =w= It's fun watching the engineers begin their frantic 'run around like a little ant' mode until their stuff blows up.

12happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:40 am

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

What is this game? Is it Team Fortress 2? If so, what console is it for?

o.o

13happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:22 pm

ThisGuy

ThisGuy
Pokémon Champion
Pokémon Champion

Jojo- wrote:What is this game? Is it Team Fortress 2? If so, what console is it for?

o.o

Yes, and PC

14happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 pm

kommeo

kommeo
Admin
Admin

Clover wrote:

Oh and on a side note, I know I mentioned it before but I reeeeealllyy love killing sentries as a sniper =w= It's fun watching the engineers begin their frantic 'run around like a little ant' mode until their stuff blows up.

aww come on I only did that once. =P

but I know what Clover means, I've seen engineers going crazy because of the "sentries down" being heard.

15happy Re: An Engineer's sob story. Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:33 pm

Pokéfreak

Pokéfreak
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero

Well.... I have all the Engi weapons now. The wrangler is only useful sometimes, but the 66% damage absorbance is very useful.. I haven't bothered to try the gunslinger, and the Frontier Justice Revenge Crits are very useful. I took down a team of Heavy-Medic groups with about 13 of the 30 crits that they gave me. =D I've been using my non-engi time to hone my spy skills. So many noob engis have been dominated by me. That's about it, besides how I hate bleeding wrenches.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum