The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:31 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK guys, I'm going to actually post a guide. Seeing as this game's old, not many people will read this. But I consider Hoenn to be the best region in the adventures, so here we go!

Littleroot
Things of interest:Your first house of course!

POKEMON
YOUR FIRST STARTER!

PEOPLE
Prof. Birch
Mom
May/Ethan
May/Ethan's mom

You'll start off in a van, which you'll ride in for about... 4 maybe 5 seconds. You'll hop out, and you'll hear the traditional music for Littleroot. How nice. Your mom will talk to you about arriving in Littleroot, then she takes you inside. Admire the Machoke's, 'cause you won't be able to catch 'em yet. Your mom tells you to go up and set the clock, but don't set it yet. Get the Potion from your PC. Trust me, it WILL come in handy. Now go downstairs to find your mom watching TV. She tells you to hurry up 'cause your dad is on. Doh, too bad. You missed him by like.... 2 seconds. That's OK though, you'll meet him soon enough. Now your journey really begins. Your mom asks you to go next door to meet May/Ethan. Go into the house and talk to May/Ethan's mom, who asks you what your name is, she also tells you her daughter/son is upstairs. Go meet him/her. May/Ethan is seen gathering her/his stuff at her/his desk, so talk to him/her(this is getting repetitive, isn't it?). May/Ethan will act embarrassed and then he/she remembers that they're supposed to catch Pokemon for Prof.Birch. Go outside, and go up the route. You'll see a cry for help. What happend? It seems a wild Poochyena is attacking a poor defenseless man! What will become of this man? Stay tuned for more!

Last edited by Ii KnUcKlEs iI on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

2happy Re: Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Blaze

Blaze
Pokémon Professor
Pokémon Professor

Ethan? I thought it was Brendan or something?

http://www.thepokemonmansion.net78.net

3happy Re: Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think too much of HG/SS xD.

4happy Re: Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Blaze

Blaze
Pokémon Professor
Pokémon Professor

lol, nice guide btw

5happy Re: Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

lol

"NEW BARK TOWN
Things of interest:None"

awwww Sad

http://www.sweetcharm.net

6happy Re: Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:53 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I told you I thought too much of HG/SS.....

7happy Re: Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Blaze

Blaze
Pokémon Professor
Pokémon Professor

Still Ethan XD

8happy Re: Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

TIME TO CONTINUE OUR WALKTHROUGH, EH?(Btw, posting these guides go good with popcorn.... just sayin.)

So this man actually turns out to be Professor Birch! The Pokemon Professor in Hoenn. How nice, huh? Now, he's being attacked by a wild Poochyena, and he wants YOU, yes YOU to choose a Pokeball out of his bag to save him. Your three options are:
A: Torchic, a great fire type that evolves into a Fire/Fighting type as it evolves. As a Torchic it is a great starter that comes in handy later on, but is weak against the first few gyms. If you choose Torchic, you'd be best to catch a Wingull for Roxanne.
B:MUDKIPS: ZOMG IF YOU DON'T CHOOSE THIS STARTER SOMETIME IN THIS GAME YOU ARE LIEK.... BORING. Anyway, Mudkip is a great starter that is great for the first few gyms. Mudkip evolves into a duel Water/Ground, so he's got some weaknesses when he evolves, but he's a great starter to choose for first time Pokemon Players.
C:Treeko : Treeko is an easy to raise Grass type. It is right in the middle of the scales compared to Torchic and Mudkip, but he's handy in some gyms. Treeko stays a pure Grass type as he evolves.

Whatever you choose, you will be taken into battle right away. This should be an easy battle, as the Poochyena is level 2 and you are level 5. When you are done with this battle I think you level up, so congratulations.

After that little "panic," the Professor takes you back to his lab. He tells you you have your fathers blood in your veins, which means you are a great Pokemon trainer. Kudos to you. The Professor suggests you go see May/Brendan on the route above the... next town. Sorry I forget easily. But before you face your rival, I suggest you level up your starter to level 7-10. The battle and the game will be much easier this way. Heal up at the Pokemon Center, and head up to face your rival.

RIVAL
Pokemon:
If you chose Torchic you will face Mudkip
If you chose Mudkip you will face Treeko
If you chose Treeko you will face Torchic

If you leveled your starter to the levels I suggested, it'll be a long one, so use the Potion. If you leveled your starter up, it shouldn't be too hard. Congratulations on winning against your Rival. After winning, she/he will take you back to the lab, and tells Prof.Bitch how she lost. Prof.Birtch will then hand you a Pokedex, which May/Ethan will give you 5 Pokeballs to catch Pokemon with. YAY YOU CAN FINALLY CATCH POKEMON! Stay tuned for the next part!

THE NEXT PART OF THE GUIDE:
Catch Pokemon! I'll give you tips and suggestions on catching your Pokemon.
TRAIN! There will be plenty of trainers on the route you are taking, so be sure to toughen them up.

9happy Re: Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:06 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK time to continue on our Master Quest.

Head back to Oldale. This time you are allowed to go onto Route 101, so it'd be the perfect chance to catch some Pokemon.

Route 101
Pokemon:Poochyena(20% chance of encountering), Zigzagoon(80% chance of encountering).

You definitely want to catch a Poochyena to have a Pokemon to start with. It's a great Pokemon early on with fair stats. Later on it won't be much of a use.

Oldale Pokemart
Pokemart Items
Pokeball-200
Potion-300
Antidote-100
Paralyz Heal-200
Burn Heal-250
Awakening-250

Stock up on Potion's trust me you'll need them early on. You might want to consider getting some of the Antidotes, Paralyz Heals, etc. because if you get Paralyzed you won't have an backups to cure it.

There's nothing of interest here, so head west to route 102.

Route 102
Pokemon:
Zigzagoon-40% chance
Poochyena-10% chance
Surskit-3% chance
Wingull-4% chance
Ralts-3& chance
Wurmple-20%
Lotad-20% chance(Only in SAPPHIRE)
Seedot-20% chance(Only in RUBY)

Definitely consider catching Ralts, Lotad(if you have Sapphire) and Seedot(if you have Ruby). These are great Pokemon to have early on in the game, so try to run into them and catch them.

I also suggest catching a Wingull/Surskit if you have Torchic, it's a great cover up for Roxanne. Of course, if you evolve Torchic(level 16), Combusken will learn Double Kick, a Fighting Type move. It's super effective against Rock Types. ALSO, if you catch a Ralts, be sure to train it SOMEHOW! It WILL come in handy against Brawly, be sure to do this.

You'll fight basic trainer battles here, against some youngsters. If you head a bit farther up, to your left will be some berry plants. Get those if you're interested. If not, continue left to Petalburg.

Petalburg Pokemart
Pokeball-200
Potion-300
Antidote-100
Paralyz Heal-200
Burn Heal-250
Awakening-250
Escape Rope-550
Repel-350
X Speed-300
X Attack-500[/i
[i]X Defend-500

Orange Mail-50

You can stock up on Pokeballs if you want. I recommend buying a Repel or two, if you're not a fan of running into Wild Pokemon. Head into the gym to meet your dad(yes, your dad)and talk to him. After a short bit, a boy named Wally comes in and says he's going on vacation. He needs a Pokemon to take with him, but he doesn't have the skills to catch one. Your dad lends him a Zigzagoon and a Pokeball, so go with him and see if he catches a Pokemon.

NEXT PART OF THE GUIDE: Will Wally catch a Pokemon? MORE TRAINING! The Petalburg woods, and Rustboro City!

10happy Re: Pokemon Ruby Walkthrough! Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:22 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CONTINUING!

Your dad won't battle you unless you have four badges, so we'll have to continue.

Route 104
Zigzagoon-40%
Surskit-5%
Wingull-5%
Wurmple-40%
Taillow-10%

You want to consider catching Taillow, it's a great Pokemon, and plus, you can use it for Fly.

There are trainers along the beach down where the water is, so train up there. It shouldn't be too long before you reach an empty house. This house will be pretty useful later on, but until then, keep going. After you battle the Rich Boy and pick the berries, you'll arrive in Petalburg Woods.

Petalburg Woods
Zigzagoon-10%
Shroomish-10%
Silcoon-10%
Wurmple-40%
Cascoon-10%
Slakoth-10%
Taillow-10%

Catch Slakoth, please. It evolves into one of the most powerful Pokemon in the game, just get it. It'll help out, trust me. You might also want to consider catching Shroomish(if you didn't get Treeko). Anyway, continue west until you see a scene of a Magma Grunt terrorizing a Devon Researcher. After he asks you to help him, it's game on.

Magma Grunt
Poochyena-Level 9
This battle shouldn't be too hard, use your starter or another Pokemon to deal some damage. After the battle, you'll be awarded a Great Ball. Move north and you'll eventually come to the exit of Petalburg Woods. Exiting here is still Route 104, so the Pokemon are the same. Talk to the guy on the left to get TM09 Bullet Seed, use this on Shroomish/Treeko, it's a Grass Type move. Go inside the building in front of you, and talk to everyone to get berries, and you'll recieve a Wailmer Pail. You can use this to water berries to help them grow. Keep walking West and you'll get to a bridge, you'll have your first Double Battle here, so be prepared. Walk north and you'll arrive in Rustboro.

Rustboro City Pokemart
Poke Ball-200 |
Timer Ball-1000*
Repeat Ball-1000*
Potion-300
Antidote-100
Paralyz Heal-200
Burn Heal-250
Awakening-250
Escape Rope-550
Repel-350
X Speed-350
X Attack-500
X Defend-550
(the items with a * are only available AFTER you clear the rocks from Rusturf Tunnel.)

Places of Interest:
Devon Corporation- It's the big building to the left of the northern exit. It's kind of hard to miss. This building will be important later on.

The Pokemon School- If you're new to Pokemon, the school here will give you a ton of great tips. Talking to the teacher will also earn you a Quick Claw.

The Cutter's House- Make sure that you get the HM01!

All you want to worry about now is defeating Roxanne, so head on up to her Gym.

Rustboro Gym
Gym Leader:Roxanne

Don't go around the trainers... you're losing precious experience as you do so. When you defeat all of them, head up to Roxanne.

Roxanne[/u][u]
Geodude-14
Nosepass-15

This battle shouldn't be hard. If you have Treeko/Mudkip, lead the battle with them. If you chose Torchic, lead with Shroomish, it'll be a whole lot easier that way. Geodude is a cinch, he's double weak to Water and Grass, so he'll be down easy. NOSEPASS, however, will be much harder. He has surprisingly high Special Defense, so be careful. Roxanne has two potions, so if you are low, don't be afraid to use a Potion! Roxanne's Pokemon mostly rely on Rock Throw and Rock Tomb. Rock Tomb lowers your Pokemon's speed which can be a bit hazardous on slow water/grass types. Rock Throw can inflict quite a bit of damage. The best thing is to have several Pokemon which are strong against Roxanne because if she gets a critical hit and your only Pokemon that's good against her rocks goes down, you're pretty much screwed. Torchic users, make sure to level up that Shroomish as it can eat up tons of attacks. For anyone who's having trouble, level up a Shroomish. Also, Stun Spore helps stop that barrage of attacks from Geodude/Nosepass.

When you win, you'll receive the Stone Badge, which increases your Attack Strength. It also allows you to use Cut outside of battle, so when you get out of the Gym, go to the Cutter's House. After you're done there, head north. You'll see the man from Devon again, and this time Magma has stolen the goods! Oh no! What will happen!

NEXT PART OF THE GUIDE: The Devon Goods! Will you get them back? Rusturf Tunnel: The man who wants to see his girlfriend! And Mr. Briney, the sailor you can trust!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum