The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shiny hunters?!

+2
Clover
boy from asension
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Shiny hunters?! Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:40 pm

boy from asension

boy from asension
Knight
Knight

So, with the creation of Pokémon S&M came the much more easily accessible lucky charm. To get it in S&M all you have to do is simply complete the Alola Pokédex and chat to some random bloke in the Game freak building. The item greatly increases your chance to find a shiny Pokémon.

So, I was wondering, what Shiny Pokémon (if any) have you hunted? Have you ever found a random shiny Pokémon?

So far I've shiny hunted a Ralts (Which is now a shiny Gallade), a Honedge (Which is now a shiny Aegislash) and a shiny Rockruff (Which is now a midnight formed Lycanroc named Bella).
I've only ever found a wild shiny onix in Pokémon platinum, and it broke my heart to have run out of pokeballs when I found it...

If there's enough people, I might try a shiny pokemon hunters guild~ Surprised

2happy Re: Shiny hunters?! Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

my boyfriend actually was very in to shiny hunting on sun and moon. He was successful once, using some of the methods listed out there...but when he tried to make a video of it, he either kept screwing up the process, or just had HORRIBLE percentage luck ;w; so sad. lol!!!

I think the method he used was chaining/call for help method.

Make a tutorial on how you do it!! (or show pics of the ones you've caught?)

http://www.sweetcharm.net

3happy Re: Shiny hunters?! Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:08 am

NeonNick

NeonNick
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

in sun and moon I caught a shiny bagon while I was EV training

It had good IVs but a bad nature so I was very sad. Even had a jolly synchronize lead prepared just in case. It's still cool to use in the battle tree tho

4happy Re: Shiny hunters?! Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:58 am

SharlottCrain

SharlottCrain
Adoptable Mod

shiny hunting in sun and moon is immensely easier than the other generations because of the new method Smile I've managed to get about 15 shinies! It's quite easy, it's just a matter of when they will appear haha patience is key!

The hardest shiny I've gotten is shiny mimikyu, that ghost typing makes it hard to false swipe and it takes more time to knock out each ally because of the disguise ability ;;

5happy Re: Shiny hunters?! Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

SharlottCrain wrote:shiny hunting in sun and moon is immensely easier than the other generations because of the new method Smile I've managed to get about 15 shinies! It's quite easy, it's just a matter of when they will appear haha patience is key!

The hardest shiny I've gotten is shiny mimikyu, that ghost typing makes it hard to false swipe and it takes more time to knock out each ally because of the disguise ability ;;

lucky! you should post your methods xVx

http://www.sweetcharm.net

6happy Re: Shiny hunters?! Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:53 pm

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

I have so many shinies lol

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

7happy Re: Shiny hunters?! Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:15 am

SharlottCrain

SharlottCrain
Adoptable Mod

Clover wrote:
SharlottCrain wrote:shiny hunting in sun and moon is immensely easier than the other generations because of the new method Smile I've managed to get about 15 shinies! It's quite easy, it's just a matter of when they will appear haha patience is key!

lucky! you should post your methods xVx

There's many ways you can go about it, but I think the most effective is false swiping a mon down to 1hp, skill swap its ability to have harvest, and then have a pokemon swap a leppa berry to it by using trick or switcheroo! It'll keep harvesting a leppa and restore PP every now and then.
Essentially, you're setting up the mon so it cant struggle to death Razz While that's happening, it will call in an ally. Just keeping knocking out the friend until a shiny appears Very Happy This is what's worked for me, others might have differing methods?

8happy Re: Shiny hunters?! Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:43 am

Jpegurl-chan

Jpegurl-chan
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

man sos chaining is the best, especially when you want to do something else & just idly shiny hunt on the side. i think i've gotten ~7 shinies from it?

have any of you tried swap breeding? the instructions sound kinda complex but it's pretty simple when you get down to it & gives some excellent results. it's at least better than blindly trying the masuda method anyway

http://jpegurl.tumblr.com

9happy Re: Shiny hunters?! Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:26 am

boy from asension

boy from asension
Knight
Knight

I've used the masuda method. In which I got 2 shinies (but they didn't feel very special).
I've used S.O.S chaining (I used a false swipe/adrenalin orb pair) in which so far I've gotten 1 shiny.
I've gotten 1 from a random trade (love my Porygon Z).

I'm thinking about making a youtube channel for pokemon and stuff so I might do some stuff on that, but I've only had it as a thought in the back of my head more so than anything...

10happy Re: Shiny hunters?! Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:52 pm

boy from asension

boy from asension
Knight
Knight

(So apparently the edit button is also missing on Chrome and I'm too lazy to go into internet explorer...)

I just found a shiny Druddigon on my run of B&W2. I'd never finished the game and was just exiting Ns castle when a random encounter goes off and there he is! My shiny Druddigon which I named Omega, I then transferred him to Moon so that I can EV train him (even though the end game of Sun & Moon is super boring...)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum