The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should I buy it?

+3
SharlottCrain
fuzia
Mewtoo22
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Should I buy it? Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:26 am

Mewtoo22

Mewtoo22
Pokémon Collector
Pokémon Collector

Cherub !~!The reviewer's game!~! Angel

Here's how it goes: I state three games. The next person chooses one they have played, and give a short review on it, along with their list of three games. The next person does the same, and so on. If after two days, if no reply is given, a new list will be presented.

You give your review with the following information:

Gameplay -
Story -
Presentation -

Any extra info is up to you.

The first list:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)
The World Ends With You (DS)
Custom Robo Arena (DS)

Last edited by Mewtoo22 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:01 am; edited 2 times in total

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Smash_Bros_RPG

2happy Re: Should I buy it? Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:54 am

fuzia

fuzia
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

Ooh, cool! XD

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Gameplay - Okay, I absolutely loved this game. The gameplay is pretty simple point-and-click, but it works since its one of those games that is very text based. It alters between investigation and actual court work, so it helps to keep things interesting. As the game progresses, cases progressively become longer, and it's a nice long game if you like those. ^^ You'll find yourself buying the sequels. XD
Story - The story is amazing: You play as a defense attorney in California. After certain events occur within the game, you gain an assistant, Maya Fey, who is a spirit medium, and the two of you team up against your main rival in court, Miles Edgeworth, a young prosecutor. All of the games in the series have a great continuous storyline that is really addicting. XD The only complaint I have about the storyline is the fifth case: it feels somewhat thrown in there, but it does come into play later in the series.
Presentation - The game has a sort of cross of pixelated/drawn characters, but the art style is lovely. Unless you don't like the anime style of art, you won't have any complaints about the art. :D (Is this what you meant by presentation? >U<)

My list...
The World Ends With You (DS)
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
Persona 4 (PS2)

3happy Re: Should I buy it? Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:24 am

Mewtoo22

Mewtoo22
Pokémon Collector
Pokémon Collector

Yes, presentation is the look and feel of the graphics. ^-^

Also, thanks. I was hoping someone would like the idea of it. Aw shucks...

4happy Re: Should I buy it? Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:00 am

Mewtoo22

Mewtoo22
Pokémon Collector
Pokémon Collector

It's been two days!

The New List
Scribblenauts (DS)
Rhythm Heaven (DS)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story {DS}

5happy Re: Should I buy it? Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:08 am

SharlottCrain

SharlottCrain
Adoptable Mod

Scribblenauts- BUY IT
Rhythym Heaben- BUY IT
Mario adn Luigi- NOT TOO GOOD

a little review from my opinion

6happy Re: Should I buy it? Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:19 am

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

I don't own any of the games that have been listed so far, or I'd do a review! Sorry!!! Defeated

...but I DID want to buy rhythm heaven. I've played the trial game in stores and it was fun. The graphics were bright, and nice to look at. It REALLY makes you learn your rhythm and timing. People who are musically inclined will do better off initially me thinks.

My only concern for the game was replay value...how many songs are there? Do the challenges vary enough to keep me entertained, etc?

http://www.sweetcharm.net

7happy Re: Should I buy it? Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:01 am

fuzia

fuzia
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

Ooh, I'll do one for Rhythm Heaven! :D

Rhythm Heaven
Gameplay - The idea is pretty simple--you play various minigames where you tap, flick across, or hold your stylus down on the screen. And that's pretty much the entire game, but there are so many minigames to play. Even after you beat the main game, you can play others that you unlock. And the game actually does help your rhythm, I got the game right before I started taking tap, and I actually think it helped. XD
Story - There isn't much of a story to the game, but there's a fun little feature where you can read journal entries of the characters in the minigames. C:
Presentation - The graphics are really nice and simple. You won't see anything elaborate, but the style works very well for the game. The music tunes are catchy, but you might get them stuck in your head. XD The interface is really easy to understand; if you've never played the game before, you'll only need about a ten second explanation of how to play. :D
So yes, you should buy this one! :D
I won't make a list this time. XD

8happy Re: Should I buy it? Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 am

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

thanks for the review fuzia :3 Maybe I'll pick it up sometime.

http://www.sweetcharm.net

9happy Re: Should I buy it? Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:35 am

HeavenWheel「Bluey」

HeavenWheel「Bluey」
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

the world ends with you
my comments:interesting!(top point 10)

custom robo arena
my comments:interesting game.....(7)

phoenix
my comments:i haven't play it! sorry.....

my suggestion(so accurate! Angel aaaaa....aaaa..aaa....)

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU!!!!!!!!
FIGHTING BASED GAME! Cherub --- Cherub ........
I SUGGEST YOU BUY THAT GAME! Squee~~~

10happy Re: Should I buy it? Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Leon

Leon
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS) - Rent it or buy it; but it's definitely worth playing and lets your critical thinking skills take over.

The World Ends With You (DS) - The style of this game is unique and Square Enix surely knows how to create an incredibly novel and interesting game for the Nintendo DS. It's hard to compare it to any other game since it's unlike anything I have ever played before; and if you're a huge fan of RPG and Square Enix, then surely you'll become a big fan of this game.
The gameplay will take some time to get use to and you'll take full advantage of the touch screen throughout the game; and the storyline is simple to understand.
IMO; rent it, and if you like it, buy it. It's something I always do.

Scribblenauts (DS) - It's incredibly fun. Just think of something, type it up and voila, but there's a problem. Although the first couple of hours of playing this game was without a doubt one of the funnest times I have had since playing a new DS game, I couldn't help but get bored after a while. Not saying everyone will, it's just that the whole "mission" thing lets you do whatever you want in order to complete a task that they require you to do. Sure, holding a machine gun while riding a hydra has it's moments, but it immediately starts becoming dull after you find yourself limited to certain things during quests.
Rent it, I say once another exciting game comes out like Pokemon HGSS, you probably won't be playing this game at all.

Rhythm Heaven (DS) - Definitely buy it. Now this game I find myself playing every once in a while. The music is great too! Just read Fuzia's review.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story {DS} - Same as the previous games except more funnier and a lot more fun since you finally get to play Bowser. Get it if you're a huge fan of the previous Mario & Luigi games.

11happy Re: Should I buy it? Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:51 pm

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

fuzia, i'm glad to have hired you ^^

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

12happy Re: Should I buy it? Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:55 pm

Mewtoo22

Mewtoo22
Pokémon Collector
Pokémon Collector

Yes, very organized. Hehee

13happy Re: Should I buy it? Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:44 am

fuzia

fuzia
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

I'm not going to do a full review for it, but I thought I should say that you should rent or borrow Scribblenauts before you buy it. It is a lot of fun, but like Leon said, it can get old depending on your taste in games like that. Young kids love it though. XD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum