There are a few rules to read before you post. Saying that you didn't see the rules is not an excuse. Sorry!
1) Don't post anything extremely vulgar/gross (keep it PG 13 or if you aren't sure, put the content under a Spoiler)
2) No spamming!! Spamming is:
- Posting the same thing over and over, or only posting to advertise
- Excessively posting every other time. For example; A posts, B posts, A posts, C posts, A posts, D posts, A posts, and so on...
- Although we appreciate your enthusiasm for the forum, hitting over 100 posts in a single day MIGHT get you temporarily banned by an Admin. (depending on post quality of course)
- Posting one word responses like "This" or "LOL" or even just a single smilie. Please try to add something to the conversation!
3) Stay civil. If a problem arises, contact a mod or admin and tell them about the problem.
ADMINS: Kommeo, Griffinheart, or Blaze
4) Try to post within the correct categories. It will help members to find content in the long run. If you don't know where to post something, just ask!
5) No reviving dead topics. If the topic discussion is done, or the issue at hand is settled, please don't revive it! (unless you have something extremely major to add to it) In all other cases, your post will just get deleted by an admin.
6) Repeat Topics: Try not to post the same topic twice, make sure the topic is not already made before you go making it even if the first topic appears dead, you can always revive it unless this contradicts with rule #5.
7) Stay on topic! Tangent happen on occasion, but please try your best not to continue them. The posts will most likely get deleted.
8) No bumping threads without waiting 24 hours! And please don't bump more than twice in one thread. Try sharing the link to the thread with members in other ways.
9) No mini-modding!!!!! Let the mods/admins do their job guys, no need for anyone else to try to be a mod when they are not, that will just lead to arguments. >_>
- Keep main image size under 500(width)x200(height) pixels
- Only ONE virtual "pet" is allowed per signature(the type that require clicks to grow) must be under 150x150 pixels (if you want to post all of your pets, please do so in the "adoptables" category of the forum)
- If you have more than 2 lines of text, please make it size 9 (example of size 9 font)
- Make sure there isn't something in your signature that could simply go into your profile (remember, BBC code works in your profile too!)
- Only post your signature if you've typed over 1 full line of text. Just typing one word then having 5 images show up in your signature makes pages load slower.
Although creating multiple accounts on the forum is fine, there are a few things you may not do :
- Vote in contests like member of the month, art/fanfic contests, or any others
- Join turnaments
- Challenge Gym Leaders
- Make art requests (this just puts more stress on the artist)
- Join member clubs, or start multiple member clubs
- Create multiple rpg characters (it just gets too confusing)
If you are caught using multiple accounts in any of these ways, you will be temporarily banned for however long the admins/staff see fit.
Private Messaging Rules/Info:
- No advertising via PM! You can include a text link to a site in your signature or profile "comments" section if you wish, but if you are caught sending random invites to Dream League members, you will be banned.
- The forum won't let you send PM's until you hit 25 posts.
How to become a Forum Guru:
Forum gurus, Mods, and Chat box Mods will be assigned as we see fit. If you REALLY want to be a mod, you can PM me, but don't be sad if I say no The more members we get, the more likely we will ask someone to moderate for us, or accept a request to moderate.
Tips for being appointed a moderator:
1)Please type with good grammar, and decent spelling! Everyone makes typos once in a while, but we require that you be fluent in English (as this is primarily an English speaking forum) So if we have to guess what you are trying to say every time you write something, you probably won't get asked to be a mod.
2)Be active in the forums! If you post useful or helpful content and are generally active in the forums, you will be noticed more.
3)Improve the Forum! Making helpful suggestions on ways to improve the forum and recruiting active members will also get you noticed This shows us that you are dedicated and that you want the forum to be a fun place!
4)Not bragging about how your on the "top 10 poster list": This list doesn't mean a thing when it comes to being a mod of some sort. Those that brag about it are not fit to be a mod.
How to keep your title if you get hired:
-*Post content at least 5 times a week
-*Help other members if they have questions whenever possible.
-*If we suddenly don't hear from you for over a month, your mod status will be lost, but your account will still be here for you should you come back And we will always welcome you back <333
Last edited by Clover on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 24 times in total