The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

When do you think you will lose all interest in Pokémon?

+17
Razor
Mysidia
RedRum
Sesshomaru
mmichaelsen
Project Kingler
Marcus
[DX] Dracario
5P33D5
Clover
Jenrya Miku
NeonNick
Pokéfreak
Nellie Lovett
griffinheart
[Meap]Katniss~<3
Jojo-Kunn
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

The title says it all! ~

I personally hope I don't lose any interest whatsoever. However, if I do, I would like to think I would keep my DS and a Pokémon game, just so I could be like: "Hmm.. I remember this."

And then I would love it all over again. ^o^

[Meap]Katniss~<3

[Meap]Katniss~<3
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

Yeah. Dats how Meap rolls.

http://reione.forumotion.com/

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

Ooh, jealous. ;D

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

when the pkmn co gets more stupid and keeps continuing it like they are .-. they need to just stop and make a giant game with all the regions.

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

Nellie Lovett

Nellie Lovett
Team Rocket
Team Rocket

I don't /think/ I ever will, but I know there will probably be a time where I'll be 'Oh, pokemon. Yeah, it's cool' but not follow anything. I tend to get into crazes, and I've compared them to wounds. It attacks, and sometimes it's quite sudden, and then there's so much pain, and I can't seem to visualise a day when I won't have it, I know that it will come, but it just seems so strange to think that it won't be there, and then it's over, and it's strange, but it leaves scarring. I'm pretty much over my pokemon obsession, but I still have the 'scars', although I know that one day the scars will fade and be barely visible.

http://md427.deviantart.com/

Pokéfreak

Pokéfreak
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero

griffinheart wrote:when the pkmn co gets more stupid and keeps continuing it like they are .-. they need to just stop and make a giant game with all the regions.

That game would be epicness of epic. Although how would that work? Would they just have to up the difficulty in all the later regions? Or would you reset as the same character traveling across each region, starting out fresh with a new starter? I personally would prefer the latter, but I also don't think this game will never happen.

I think I'll grow sick of Pokémon once there isn't a single new Pokémon that I like. Gen V lucked out with Tsutarja, Mamepato, and a few others. But once there's a Generation without a SINGLE pokémon I can look at without ranting about it, THAT'S when I'll stop playing Pokémon.

NeonNick

NeonNick
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

I won't ever stop, even if they make bad games in the future there will always be the classics, and They don't get old to me

Jenrya Miku

Jenrya Miku
Team Galactic
Team Galactic

Never, kthnx.

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Hard to say.

I think I'll always have a place in my heart for it, since I grew up with it.

There are adults today who still LOVE Disney and it's characters, so why not this too?

http://www.sweetcharm.net

5P33D5

5P33D5
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Yeah its hard to say... probably when they start going int 8th gen +

[DX] Dracario

[DX] Dracario
Admin
Admin

Never. I plan getting a job with the Pokemon Company one day. I intend to continue to make it a part of my everyday life.

https://clover.forumotion.com/member-clubs-f33/guild-the-order-of

5P33D5

5P33D5
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Same here DX.... i'm hoping to join game freak

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

Pokéfreak wrote:
griffinheart wrote:when the pkmn co gets more stupid and keeps continuing it like they are .-. they need to just stop and make a giant game with all the regions.

That game would be epicness of epic. Although how would that work? Would they just have to up the difficulty in all the later regions? Or would you reset as the same character traveling across each region, starting out fresh with a new starter? I personally would prefer the latter, but I also don't think this game will never happen.

it would be cool for the starting all new after each reason.. like after you complete one region, you put all your pokemon in a special box that's locked until you completely beat each region~ <3

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

Nellie Lovett

Nellie Lovett
Team Rocket
Team Rocket

It'd be like GS except with all the regions. That'd be epic.

http://md427.deviantart.com/

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

Yeah, I suppose that would be quite awsome. ^o^

Marcus

Marcus

im almost 18 and i still love pokemon! so neverrrr!

Project Kingler

Project Kingler

I don't want to lose any interest in Pokémon, but I think it will happen someday..

mmichaelsen

mmichaelsen
Cool Trainer
Cool Trainer

i will shine with all the generations 1-oo

Sesshomaru

Sesshomaru
Trainer
Trainer

From what I have seen it is not one thing or another that people lose interest in pokemon. Here are a few reasons I have seen. Personally though I haven't lost interest though yet.

1. Pokemon gets repetitive after awhile, so people get sick of doing the same thing over and over.
2. Name games come out which diverts peoples interest to new games out, examples being when Brawl came out or Call of Duty.
3. Personal life things, decrease the interest in pokemon because the person has more important things to do with their life then dwell on pokemon.
4. This one I find funny. People think they are too old for it that it is all a kiddy game. So they just don't associate themselves with pokemon any more.

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

Number 4 is probably the most common reason I hear about the streets. Apparently, if you hit he age of 12 your too old. I'M 15 SO HA! Very Happy

RedRum

RedRum
Trainer
Trainer

I agree as much as I love the new pokemon adventures via the video games, they took it too far beginning with Hoenn in my opinion. I have already lost interest before and certainly around the time of Hoenn's creation lost the addiction I had in junior high. I still no longer watch the anime except a pokemon film here and there. I saw a few episodes of the Sinnoh series via youtube and it's not drawing me in anymore, the classic two generations were it's best years in my opinion.

Personally although Pokemon seems to be the most astounding example of it actually never failing to attract interest, I hate it when a good thing is milked until it sucks. It's a display of greed and in the case of Disney not so much Pokemon, laziness.

While I am interested in giving the new video games Black and White a try, all things need to end somewhere especially the good things while they are still good. I mean how the hell many regions does Ash need to get through before trying to claim the title as Pokemon Master? Will he ever get there or is he forever trapped in a never ending loop of the same routine of defeating eight gyms and getting so far in the regions league? The least they can do is create a new main character trainer so Ash can finally see his end whether good or bad.

Speaking of which how come we never see the characters in Silver in the series? Clearly the jhoto game set does not star Ash but a different little boy similar in appearance. I think I have seen him referred to as Ethan; then there's the female who appeared in Crystal called Kris and we can't forget the rival referred to as ??? or Silver. Where are these characters from? How come we don't have a season with them.

I think it could be interesting to see Pokemon move on to a new trainer's journey; this is one thing I liked about Digimon although I am not a big fan. The end of season two wraps up the original characters' story, having them reunite after several years as married adults with children and then the third and fourth seasons each focused on new sets of kids with a different story. The fourth actually changed it up significantly and strayed away from the series' original idea.

I would very much like to see a wrap up for Ash, perhaps he and Misty finally mature and accept that they like each other and marry. Misty has two entire love songs dedicated to Ash one on each the Kanto and jhoto soundtracks which I own from my addiction days. The first one the strongest, and yet they never did a single thing in the anime with the feelings expressed in the song. I would have liked to see a development there.

Anyway sorry for writing so much here it was completely unexpected, but does sometimes tend to happen.

http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com

5P33D5

5P33D5
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Jojo-Kunn wrote:Number 4 is probably the most common reason I hear about the streets. Apparently, if you hit he age of 12 your too old. I'M 15 SO HA! Very Happy

I know right... I'm 15 too and losing interest won't cross my mind!

RedRum

RedRum
Trainer
Trainer

5P33D5 wrote:
Jojo-Kunn wrote:Number 4 is probably the most common reason I hear about the streets. Apparently, if you hit he age of 12 your too old. I'M 15 SO HA! Very Happy

I know right... I'm 15 too and losing interest won't cross my mind!

It never does. At two separate times of my life a few years ago I was addicted to a show called Full House and then a show called Quantum Leap. At the time of each of these addictions I too never thought they would end and certainly wished they never would. But alas once introduced to the right something new, they suddenly did.

http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

Yeah, but RedRum, you're a nostalgia freak from what I see.

"The classic generations were the best" <- NOSTALGIA ALERT

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

RedRum wrote:...I was addicted to a show called Full House and then a show called Quantum Leap. ....

OMG QUANTUM LEAP! I'm sorry I just used to love that show and never knew anyone else who liked it XD

http://www.sweetcharm.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum