The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Battle Tower Team

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy My Battle Tower Team Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Paradox

Paradox
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

I've recently started a new Battle Tower team and I'm hoping to get pretty high with it. I'll put it up so that you can rate it, make comments, ask questions, etc.

Uxie @ Choice Scarf (it) "BALDR"
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Bold nature
~Trick
~Thunder Wave
~Flash
~Memento

Drapion @ Black Sludge (female) "BEELZEBUB"
252 HP / 56 Def / 196 Sp. Def / 4 Spd
Careful nature
Battle Armor
~Crunch
~Acupressure
~Substitute
~Rest

Garchomp @ Lum Berry (male) "LUCIFER"
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Jolly nature
Sand Veil
~Substitute
~Swords Dance
~Earthquake
~Outrage

This team is medium in complexity and I will explain each of the Pokemon's role:

Uxie: Uxie first tricks the lead Pokemon, allowing them to be stuck with a move. Then, she Thunder Waves unless she's threatened by a KO or is being hit by Toxic or any electric move, which I then switch to Drapion or Garchomp respectively. If Uxie still isn't KO'd, I keep using Flash to lower the accuracy unless their Accuracy cannot be lowered or they use an infinite accuracy move. Afterwards, if Uxie is still alive after six flashes, I will either Memento or switch depending on the HP.

Drapion: Drapion has a unique ability, Battle Armor, which allows it to not have a Critical Hit occur on it. Using this ability, I set up with Acupressure, increasing my stats sharply and randomly. Sometimes I get a lucky stat boost and sometimes I get a disappointing boost. With Uxie as a lead and Choice Scarf allowing only a single move, Drapion will not be hit by a Ground-type move ever unless the lead Pokemon faints or is a Lopunny with Mud-Slap and/or Dig. The AI allows the best move to be used depending on the situation and what Pokemon it is facing, and does not count what the other Pokemon are. Using this information, Drapion could safely switch in and Acupressure like crazy and gets her stats increased like a mad man. I will do this as much as I need, but if the foe is stating to use Struggle, I will Substitute the last turn before it faints or might faint. If Drapion gets low HP, I Rest and hope that Flash and the Evasion boost/s increase her survival. Also, it's a great way for the opponent to start losing PP.

Garchomp: This set is easy to do as well. I will most likely switch this beast in if I trick an opponent and it does a useless move, like Amnesia. With this, I Substitute and Swords Dance three times, allowing me to have a monstrous attack, allowing me to have a potential 2872 Attack power. From there, I use Earthquake and Outrage to decimate my foes. Outrage would KO a Cresselia even if it has max HP and Def while it 2HKOs Skarmory if it has max HP and Def, which is highly unlikely. The only time this strategy fails is if Lopunny's out and manages to survive an Outrage. Also, even if Garchomp doesn't destroy all of the opponents with Outrage, Lum Berry will snap it out of Confusion and it has another go with it.

http://www.skorgro.com/

2happy Re: My Battle Tower Team Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:49 am

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

Wow. I would say you should have almost no problem sweeping the Battle Tower. Good luck! ~

3happy Re: My Battle Tower Team Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:00 pm

EliteLugia

EliteLugia
Cool Trainer
Cool Trainer

battle tower is always easy, no prob you will finish them

http://www.advanceshipperhints.webs.com

4happy Re: My Battle Tower Team Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

The only issue with the Uxie using flash would be if you encountered a Pokémon with "keen eye" as it's ability. Otherwise, your set up sounds good.

For drapion, are you only using substitute for when struggle comes? Or will you use it before hand too?

Let us know how you do ^^

http://www.sweetcharm.net

5happy Re: My Battle Tower Team Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Paradox

Paradox
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Clover wrote:The only issue with the Uxie using flash would be if you encountered a Pokémon with "keen eye" as it's ability. Otherwise, your set up sounds good.

Yeah, I realized that this would be an issue when I started considering Flash. Fortunately, none of the Pokemon with Keen Eye or Clear Body are Ground-type, so I can paralyze them and stall them to death.

For drapion, are you only using substitute for when struggle comes? Or will you use it before hand too?

It depends on the situation. If I choiced an annoying move like Ice Beam and the opponent is paralyzed, I start using Substitute as many times as I need and Rest. Hopefully, I will get pretty lucky and either A) They miss an attack because of Flash or B) They lose a turn because they're paralyzed.

But when they start using Struggle, I usually Sub when they have that tiny bit of HP left.

Also, I just beat Palmer the second time with this team, so I'm on round 49.

http://www.skorgro.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum