The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Networking Site Volunteers Needed

+4
Loren
Blaze
SharlottCrain
Clover
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Would anyone be willing to be our official updater for Twitter, Facebook, or any other social networking site? I'm thinking if we have someone who is REALLY familiar with a specific network, we would get more forum sign ups, and ultimately have a more fun and active forum!

Basically, your job would be to log onto the social network of your choice about twice a week and post about events in the forum (tournaments, MyAdopts info, art/fanfic contests, prizes/ribbons/forum achievements, member of the month, anything really!) I would also ask that you actively try to find groups or other users who might be interested in joining the Dream League. You need SOME initiative to contact people ^_^

If anyone is interested, please post below with the following form:
Name:
Social Network that you are most familiar with:
How often will you be able to update:

Here are some of the social networks I was thinking of, but if you are an expert in another that'd be great as well:
Like a Star @ heaven Facebook (DXRenagade)
Like a Star @ heaven MySpace (Blaze)
Like a Star @ heaven Twitter (Leon)
Like a Star @ heaven DeviantART (Loren)
Like a Star @ heaven Livejournal (Fuzia)
Like a Star @ heaven Flickr (photo sharing where people can comment...be sure to add tags and detailed descriptiosn so people will find the content)
Like a Star @ heaven Gaia Online
Like a Star @ heaven MSN Groups
Like a Star @ heaven Gaming/Pokémon Forums (most forums have a section where you can advertise. If you just make an account to let some people know about us, that would be helpful :3)
Like a Star @ heaven Other??? any thing you can think of where Gamers might be!

When I use the term "expert" here, I mean someone who can easily navigate the site, add contacts to build interest, and possibly make an attractive layout (feel free to use any of the banners or images I have here in the forum) I'm sure the people who submitted banners to the Forum Banner contest would be happy if you used one of their ideas!!

Any help you can give would be MOST appreciated. I would be willing to make a forum group if enough people REALLY wants to do this. I think this will benefit us in the long run if I can get some volunteers.

Last edited by Clover on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.sweetcharm.net

2happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:54 pm

SharlottCrain

SharlottCrain
Adoptable Mod

i've just recently joined Facebook so i'm not too good at that.
Devaintart for me, not too bad but i think my MSN group thing would be best so far.

3happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Blaze

Blaze
Pokémon Professor
Pokémon Professor

I can help you on myspace^^ but I have to make an account, no problem! Smile

http://www.thepokemonmansion.net78.net

4happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Loren

Loren
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer

i can do deviantart^^ thats no problem

5happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Loren wrote:i can do deviantart^^ thats no problem
That would be great. I'm not familiar with deviantart, but I know I've seen groups/clubs or what not there. Is that something you would be able to do?

blaze wrote:I can help you on myspace^^ but I have to make an account, no problem! Smile
Have you used myspace before? do they allow groups/organizations there as well?

SharlottCrain wrote:i've just recently joined Facebook so i'm not too good at that.
Devaintart for me, not too bad but i think my MSN group thing would be best so far.
So MSN Group would be good? When do you think you'd be able to get something together? ^^

6happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Loren

Loren
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer

[quote="Clover"]
Loren wrote:i can do deviantart^^ thats no problem
That would be great. I'm not familiar with deviantart, but I know I've seen groups/clubs or what not there. Is that something you would be able to do?

well with a seperate acount i could make a club or group giving updates about the site if you want

7happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Blaze

Blaze
Pokémon Professor
Pokémon Professor

Clover wrote:

blaze wrote:I can help you on myspace^^ but I have to make an account, no problem! Smile
Have you used myspace before? do they allow groups/organizations there as well?

Yes, you can create your own groups

http://www.thepokemonmansion.net78.net

8happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:09 pm

SharlottCrain

SharlottCrain
Adoptable Mod

Clover wrote:

SharlottCrain wrote:i've just recently joined Facebook so i'm not too good at that.
So MSN Group would be good? When do you think you'd be able to get something together? ^^

yea it'll be ok for me

9happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Is anyone else interested in doing this? If not, I'll close the thread soon.

We currently have a Twitter run by Leon (and me), DeviantArt run by Loren/Showers, and a MySpace group run by Blaze.

twitter.com/dream_leage
pokemondreamleague.deviantart.com

10happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Kensai

Expert Trainer
Expert Trainer

I could do a facebook group, but it might not get as many people in because most people have their real name displayed

11happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:08 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Kensai wrote:I could do a facebook group, but it might not get as many people in because most people have their real name displayed

Could you try it out for a while and see how it goes? If after a month or so no ones joined from facebook you could close the group.

12happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Kensai

Expert Trainer
Expert Trainer

Will do right after dinner

13happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:24 pm

fuzia

fuzia
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

I could manage a LiveJournal :D

14happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

fuzia wrote:I could manage a LiveJournal :D

that would be SUPER awesome...maybe you could affy with some other pokemon communities or journals as well? I've already advertised in the pokemonwifi community, but you might get a few more sign ups if a mod lets you advertise again. They generally don't mind if you advertise as long as you ask first...

(I love livejournal I just don't use it much ^_^;)

Let me know if you need help making a layout or something. I only know basic coding though for lj layouts. There are a lot of free layouts too. You seem to be graphically inclined so maybe you'll be fine ^^

15happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:38 pm

fuzia

fuzia
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

Sure thing! ^^ I'll make it a community, that way it will be a little easier for people to use. :D I'll try to find some places to advertise...I make icons too and if I post them in pokemonicons I could advertise the site in my own LJ ^^

As far as layouts go, I watch quite a few communities that give out some really nice ones. I don't know how to make an entire layout, but I know how to tweak those layouts enough so we could have our own background, change colors, etc. :D

16happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Yay I can't wait to see it ^0^
Let me know when it's done and I'll join.

17happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:21 am

HeavenWheel「Bluey」

HeavenWheel「Bluey」
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

how about DREAM LEAGUE official blog huh?
it'll be great! but i need someone who masters at HTML,though

18happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:32 pm

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

adit, you were really applying to my staff and you didnt know HTML? that shows that you didnt even read >_>

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

19happy Re: Networking Site Volunteers Needed Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:03 am

HeavenWheel「Bluey」

HeavenWheel「Bluey」
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

i only know how to make a picture T_T
i just said a lttle >_>
for,me the most important is the pictures!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum