The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pokemon HG/SS Guide!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Pokemon HG/SS Guide! Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:25 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok guys before I start this Guide off I just wanna say I'm not even far into the game.... so I'll post more sections of the guide as I go along.

We start at New Bark Town....

You'll start off in your room as always. Go downstairs and your mom will start a scene. She gives you the Options, Bag, and Save buttons. Just touch the screen and check those out for a minute. You have mail on your PC so you can check that if you want, or you can head over to the lab and go up the steps to talk to Lyra/Ethan. She'll act like a mentor to you, so follow her advice later on in the game.

Now that that has been done, you can go into the actual lab. The lab stays the same from Crystal and whatnot, but with color. You see the three Pokeballs there? Hmm? Well you can't have one.... yet. Elm talks to you about how Mr.Pokemon has a new discovery and whatnot.... so follow his orders. Then, THE MOMENT OF TRUTH! DUN DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!!! You get to pick your Pokemon! Choose whoever you want.... I chose Totodile because Totodile is rape. Before I started a new game I chose Cyndaquil... so pick and your Pokemon will appear right beside you! OMG! Your own Poke! You must want to get training right, too bad, not yet. Prof.Elm asks you to go to Mr.Pokemon's house in Cherrygrove, which isn't too far from New Bark. When you go to leave the lab, a man will give you 5 Potions, which will help you if your Pokemon gets weak. Head out the door and talk to your mom, she'll give you the PokeGear and asks you if you remember how to use a Phone Call. Now it's time to tackle Route 29!

Now that you're here in Route 29, you can train your Pokemon if you want. The Pokemon there have levels that are fairly low.... except for the occasional 3 or 4. Remember the Potions and you should be fine. When you get farther up the Route, you'll see the entrance to Route 46, you can't go there yet though, so continue West to Cherrygrove.

As soon as you walk into Cherrygrove, you are greeted by the Guide Man. He'll walk you through Cherrygrove as "slow" as he can. But all this boredom is rewarding. He gives you the Running Shoes! Now you can run and not walk as slow as your Grandmother! Perfect isn't it? Now take the time to visit the Poke Center. You can heal up after your long battles from Route 29. You can also go to the Pokemart if you wish, they have Antidotes and stuff.... so you can stock up here. Otherwise, continue on to Route 30.

When you walk out to go to Route 30, the Guide Man will give you the Map Card for you Pokegear. Yeah now you won't get lost cause your forgot your compass at home.... anyway, continue to Route 30.

When you walk into Route 30 you'll see a red house and an Apricorn Tree. You can't get the tree until you visit the house, so go in. After a short while of talking, you'll get the Apricorn Box and you can collect the Apricorn outside of the house. Now you can continue onto Mr.Pokemon's house.

When you walk into his house, you see Prof.Oak and Pokemon. Mr.Pokemon will immediately come to greet you and tell you that he has this great discovery and what not.... so he'll give you his discovery, which turns out to be an egg. Then Prof.Oak walks as slow as he can over to you and says hi. This is when he gives you the Pokedex. Walk out the door and you get a call from Prof.Elm. It's a disaster it seems... what's happend? Find out on the next part of the guide!

2happy Re: Pokemon HG/SS Guide! Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:24 am

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Thanks for posting ^^ +5 points~

http://www.sweetcharm.net

3happy Re: Pokemon HG/SS Guide! Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:09 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You're welcome Clover.... and now for part 2!

When you try to head down to Route 29, your Rival shows up. He seems to be hard headed and wants to battle you straight away. His Pokemon are level 5, so it shouldn't be too hard if you trained up a bit. Head down back to Route 29, and go to New Bark. When you reach New Bark, you wanna head towards the lab to see what all the fuss is. It seems as if a Pokemon has been stolen from the lab. Remember your Rival? Yeah, how'd he get that Pokemon? He is the one who did it, and the Policeman asks you what his name is. Enter a random name or something, and continue on with the chat. When Prof.Elm is done, he'll ask to see the big discovery. Hand it to him and he'll say things like "Woah what the heck?!" And what not.... so continue BACK up to Route 29. This time, you'll head for Violet City and your first Gym Badge.

When you reach Route 30, you've got some trainers to battle, so train up. Youngster Joey, the first trainer you battle, will ask for your number. Add him if you want or you can say no(I prefer to add them because hey, the more numbers the more Battles right? And the more you battle, the stronger you become). Finish with Joey and you'll come onto another Youngster. He's fairly easy, so beat him and continue up the path.

When you reach the DARK Cave(emphasize the word dark)you'll see a boy in front of it. Talk to him and he suggests getting a move that lights caves(TM Flash, which is earned from Sprout Tower). Continue on the road to battle more trainers. The Bug Catcher offers for your number as well, so add him or not. When you reach Route 31, Violet City is in plain sight.

When you first enter Violet City, the first thing you see is a Poke Center. Use it to heal up your team. In the house next to the Center, you can trade a Bellsprout for an Onix. Bellsprout can be obtained on Route 30, 31, and in Sprout Tower. Go into the Gym and you find out that you can't challenge the Gym yet. Why, you ask? Because Sprout Tower is your training place. Head up to Sprout Tower and begin your training. There are a total of 6 Sages and the Elder at the end, and all they have are Bellsprouts, which will be easy pickings if you picked Cyndaquil. Totodile is weak against Vine Whip, so I suggest catching a Pidgey and training it to level 9, when it learns Gust. When you're done with all these battles and whatnot, your final challenge is Elder Li. He has 3 Bellsprouts which are quite strong at your level. Defeat him and you obtain TM Flash. Now you can face the first Gym Leader, Falkner. Will you beat Falkner, or end up in misery? I'll give you some tips now!

*ATTENTION, THIS PART IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PRE-SET THEIR TEAM*

So, if you picked Totodile, consider his weaknesses. He is weak to Electric and Grass, so your team options are simple. Ponyta or Growlithe(HG only) are perfect options for the Grass Type. For Electric, a simple Ground Type such as Phanphy or Diglett will do. See where I'm going with this? Now consider the options for THEIR Weaknesses. Use this strategy and your team will come together in no time.

My team is currently:
Croconaw
Pidgeotto
Onix
Bellsprout

I still need a Growlithe or Ponyta to cover Bellsprouts weakness. A Mareep to cover Pidgeotto's weakness to Electric. It's perfect! Good luck with your team!

4happy Re: Pokemon HG/SS Guide! Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Paradox

Paradox
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Ii KnUcKlEs iI wrote:A Mareep to cover Pidgeotto's weakness to Electric.

You already have a Onix, though. Razz

http://www.skorgro.com/

5happy Re: Pokemon HG/SS Guide! Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:49 pm

HeavenWheel「Bluey」

HeavenWheel「Bluey」
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

Paradox wrote:
Ii KnUcKlEs iI wrote:A Mareep to cover Pidgeotto's weakness to Electric.

You already have a Onix, though. Razz
samie >_<

6happy Re: Pokemon HG/SS Guide! Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Uhh well, Rock moves are SE to Electric types? Man, I need to study my types more. Next part coming soon!

7happy Re: Pokemon HG/SS Guide! Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:18 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mi diasperce amici I know it's been awhile but now we can get this guide underway. I'm in Cianwood so there's a lot of catching up to do. Now, Falkner has a level 9 Pidgey, and a level 13 Pideotto. If you got the Yellow Forest Pokewalker app and happend to have gotten a Pikachu, now would be the time to use it. But if not, then you might wanna catch a Flaafy. Flaafy learns Thundershock at level 10, so you should have no problem beating Falkner. Win and you'll receive the Zephyr badge and TM51 Roost. Teach it to a Flying Pokemon if you have one, it will come in handy, amici. After winning the Gym, you'll get a call from Professor Elm saying he found something out about the Mystery Egg. What could it be? Head over to the Poke Mart to pick it up. Now you've beaten your first Gym. Check out the Wi-Fi center at the PC. It'll come in handy if you wanna trade Pokemon. Now we head towards Azalea town for our second Gym Badge. Now you're on Route 36 and if you're using HG you can catch a Growlithe which is a must have for your team if you want to beat the Bug Gym, or if you want to have a massive attack style Pokemon evolve it into Arcanine. Your first step here would be to get Rock Smash from a man. Then a very odd tree blocks your path. What could it be? Since you cannot continue, visit the Ruins of Alph. The Ruins of Alph are filled with tons of mysteries, so feel free to explore. The first thing you want to do is solve the first Pokemon Carving. This is easy so take your time. Then go down the hole you made to get the Unown Report. Now you can catch the Unown! Solve the first Unown Letter Puzzle and find the item you need to go further. Now you can take the east exit to Route 32. NEXT PART OF THE GUIDE! AZALEA TOWN AWAITS!

8happy Re: Pokemon HG/SS Guide! Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Small suggestion, maybe you've already thought about it:

Add headers (maybe bold or underlined) to break up your paragraphs. It will also help people quickly jump to the part in the game they are currently at and will make the guide (when it's all combined) look really awesome ^o^!
for an example...something like:

Cianwood City

Gym Leader:
Gym leader pokemon/stats/strategies/etc...

PokéMart:
items include, pokeball, blah blah....

Things to get in town:
Pick up the mystery egg here, and this TM, blah blah...

Good luck!!!

http://www.sweetcharm.net

9happy Re: Pokemon HG/SS Guide! Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh ok grazie Clover I'll do that from now on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum