The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redirection

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Redirection Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:42 pm

HeavenWheel「Bluey」

HeavenWheel「Bluey」
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

How about redirecting new members, after they log in, to the rules page?
it'll make they know the rules, and they didn't break it for the first time.

2happy Re: Redirection Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

That would be really nice.

Although, they are shown a list of rules (that I should probably update, though it still has all the major ones) before they can even sign up.

They have to click 'yes I've read this' or 'yes I agree to the rules' before they can make an account.

Also I believe I have a link to the rules in the welcome message that goes out to all new members!

Do you think we need more?

http://www.sweetcharm.net

3happy Re: Redirection Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:38 pm

NeonNick

NeonNick
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Well, most people don't read the rules before they sign up, kinda repetitive, but I think most people should know the basics anyways, but I think it would be a good idea if we said they should check the rules when a newcomer to the site posts a intro, but I don't think anymore is needed

4happy Re: Redirection Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:48 am

HeavenWheel「Bluey」

HeavenWheel「Bluey」
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

The adoptable signature rules, and moars...
and btw, it'd be more nicer if you make "welcome to DL" for joiners.
it'll be filled with news and etc~

5happy Re: Redirection Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

NeonNick wrote:Well, most people don't read the rules before they sign up, kinda repetitive, but I think most people should know the basics anyways, but I think it would be a good idea if we said they should check the rules when a newcomer to the site posts a intro, but I don't think anymore is needed

Lol that's definitely true....or we wouldn't have so many signatures set up the way they are ^_^;; Luckily that's the only main issue.

Actually I wish I could have a little mini quiz for people to do before they can make their account. Maybe with like 5-6 questions from the rule list just to make sure they read it. I've seen other forums do this...

I'll see what I can do.

http://www.sweetcharm.net

6happy Re: Redirection Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:29 pm

arceusvoice

arceusvoice
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer

Clover wrote:
NeonNick wrote:Well, most people don't read the rules before they sign up, kinda repetitive, but I think most people should know the basics anyways, but I think it would be a good idea if we said they should check the rules when a newcomer to the site posts a intro, but I don't think anymore is needed

Lol that's definitely true....or we wouldn't have so many signatures set up the way they are ^_^;; Luckily that's the only main issue.

Actually I wish I could have a little mini quiz for people to do before they can make their account. Maybe with like 5-6 questions from the rule list just to make sure they read it. I've seen other forums do this...

I'll see what I can do.

i think that would be useful, i had to complete 2 tests about the rules on 2 different adoptable sites and you get the rules pretty much stuck in your head (lol, probably the only rules I've ever read when I'm about to join)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum