The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Math Classes

+9
ThisGuy
[Meap]Katniss~<3
kommeo
Jenrya Miku
Blaze
griffinheart
ShutterBox
Nellie Lovett
Esp
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Math Classes Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Esp

Esp
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Well, Blaze needed help with his studying, and that brought this idea into my head.

So, what Math level to YOU have? Post, if you can, a problem for the kind of math you're doing and see if others understand it.

I'm in Algebra 1, and we just did out Chapter 5 test, which was mostly on slope.

y=2x+4

y-2=2(x+1)

4=2x-y

And joy, my Mid-Term is on Wednesday. That will be fun. >_>

Now you post~

2happy Re: Math Classes Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Nellie Lovett

Nellie Lovett
Team Rocket
Team Rocket

...That's creepy. When I was in eighth grade I had something almost exactly like that. .__.
So yes lol, I understand it. c:

Don't have any problems to post because my book's at school. c:

http://md427.deviantart.com/

3happy Re: Math Classes Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:15 pm

ShutterBox

ShutterBox
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

I just finished College Calculus 1.

Knowing that sinh x = (e^x - e^-x)/2 and cosh x = (e^x + e^-x)/2

Prove that:

d/dx(sinh x) = cosh x

Answer:
Spoiler:

4happy Re: Math Classes Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:37 pm

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

Shutter... I cannot wait for Pre-Cal next year .-. Thank you for making everything so much easier to deal with xDDD

Algebra 2~

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

5happy Re: Math Classes Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:07 am

Blaze

Blaze
Pokémon Professor
Pokémon Professor

Im in Geometry and ITS A PAIN (for me T^T)

http://www.thepokemonmansion.net78.net

6happy Re: Math Classes Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:33 am

Jenrya Miku

Jenrya Miku
Team Galactic
Team Galactic

Screw math.
pika math.
It should do itself.

7happy Re: Math Classes Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:12 am

kommeo

kommeo
Admin
Admin

I rather not show you the math I have to do xD. If you count stats as math then yeah, but I know alot math stuff o3o

8happy Re: Math Classes Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:22 am

[Meap]Katniss~<3

[Meap]Katniss~<3
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

I'm in seventh grade and we just had a test on slope, Chapter 5 to be exact.

Here is a problem from our homework for the weekend:

Write an equation in standard form of the line that passes through the two points.

45. (1,4) (5,7)

7-4 3
--- = --
5-1 4

y = 3/4x + b

4 = 3/4(1) + b
4 - 3/4 = b
3 1/4 = b

Y = 3/4 x + 3 1/4
-3 1/4 = 3/4x - y
-13 = 3x - y

http://reione.forumotion.com/

9happy Re: Math Classes Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:30 am

Anonymous

I'm in 6th grade we JUST started area but we just got finished with order of operations
Example:
9+8*3/2-1
9+24/2-1
9+12-1
21-1

Last edited by Dern_Cattle on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : did math wrong XD)

10happy Re: Math Classes Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:19 am

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

x_x Wow... I wish we could be doing such easy stuff right now... wait.. what were we even doing yesterday? x_x *was doodling in class*
i think it had to do with fractional exponents, and cubed roots... but eh

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

11happy Re: Math Classes Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:37 am

ThisGuy

ThisGuy
Pokémon Champion
Pokémon Champion

I'm in Advanced Functions and Modeling right now. It's pretty easy for me, but only if you take a boatload of notes.

12happy Re: Math Classes Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:03 pm

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

YOU GUYS SHOULDNT HATE MATH! I guess I agree that it can sometimes be reallllyyyyyyyyyyyy boring but y'know. Without math..... WE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO MAKE PIZZA OR OR OR BUY STUFF OR COUNT OR OR TELL WHAT YEAR IT IS OR OR..... OTHER STUFF

13happy Re: Math Classes Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Melon

Melon
Cool Trainer
Cool Trainer

Cindergh wrote:YOU GUYS SHOULDNT HATE MATH! I guess I agree that it can sometimes be reallllyyyyyyyyyyyy boring but y'know. Without math..... WE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO MAKE PIZZA OR OR OR BUY STUFF OR COUNT OR OR TELL WHAT YEAR IT IS OR OR..... OTHER STUFF

Or have computers and cell phones and other crap with software. You guys should respect math a lot more.

I like math. It's easy once you know it. I'm in Geometry and we've done mostly stuff I already know this semester. Hopefully it will get interesting next semester. Recently we've been doing "Find x" problems, and those are so easy it's not even funny...
Some of you are in slope? Slope is easy and the people in my Geometry class should already know slope. I don't know why we reviewed slope so much ><

14happy Re: Math Classes Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:11 pm

ShutterBox

ShutterBox
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

[Meap]Katniss~<3 wrote:I'm in seventh grade and we just had a test on slope, Chapter 5 to be exact.

If you ever want to take calculus when you get into high school/college. You should remember this stuff.

Calculus is just mostly focused on derivatives. A derivative is the slope of the tangent line off of a certain point(or off of the entire graph) on the graph.

It's actually pretty fun. ^^

15happy Re: Math Classes Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

I just done my Maths Prelims today. This is the sort of stuff I do. ( I is in top class. o3o )

http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/papers/papers/2010/SC_Mathematics_Paper-1-%28Non-calculator%29-and-Paper-2_2010.pdf

16happy Re: Math Classes Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

I don't have to do math anymore *laughs at you all*

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

but I feel Komms on the stats Sad That was evil.

http://www.sweetcharm.net

17happy Re: Math Classes Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

Melon wrote:
Cindergh wrote:YOU GUYS SHOULDNT HATE MATH! I guess I agree that it can sometimes be reallllyyyyyyyyyyyy boring but y'know. Without math..... WE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO MAKE PIZZA OR OR OR BUY STUFF OR COUNT OR OR TELL WHAT YEAR IT IS OR OR..... OTHER STUFF

Or have computers and cell phones and other crap with software. You guys should respect math a lot more.

I like math. It's easy once you know it. I'm in Geometry and we've done mostly stuff I already know this semester. Hopefully it will get interesting next semester. Recently we've been doing "Find x" problems, and those are so easy it's not even funny...
Some of you are in slope? Slope is easy and the people in my Geometry class should already know slope. I don't know why we reviewed slope so much ><

At least someone agrees with me!! Smile In a sense... :O

18happy Re: Math Classes Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Anonymous

i luv math. i miss it. haven't gone to class cuz im still sick enough NOT to go to school. at least i can do the homework!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum