The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pokemon Analysis- Magikarp: The Mascot!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Pokemon Analysis- Magikarp: The Mascot! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 pm

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

* Strategy
* Moves

Magikarp

Swift Swim
Speed doubles in rain.

Type Tier
Water NFE
Statistics Min- Min Max Max+
HP
- 181 244 -
Atk
50 56 119 130
Def
131 146 209 229
SpA
59 66 129 141
SpD
68 76 139 152
Spe
176 196 259 284

Avid Trainer
Avid Trainer

Copy-paste much? xD

"Magikarp is an excellent sweeper, under Focus Sash and Flail-ing. If you're hardcore, you may also want to use Flail or Bounce under a Choice Band. Preferably, all of this under rain, to boost its Speed to higher levels. I believe a Jolly Magikarp with 252 EV's in Speed (and in rain) boosts it to 568, which for Magikarp is not bad at all. Alternatively, a better set would use the Adamant nature, which increases the Attack, and in the desired conditions would still reach a Speed of 514. If you Rain Dance, SubDrum, and then Baton Pass with a Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath (unsure if Politoed does it), you can destroy worlds with Magikarp. An Adamant Magikarp with 252 EV's in Attack and Speed with 31 IV's for each plus in rain with 1 HP using Flail under a Choice Band would be the preferable set. Against a Shuckle, widely renowned for its extremely high base Defense, it is guaranteed a 2HKO if the Shuckle in question has 252 EV's in Defense, max IV's, an Impish nature or similar, and has no Defense boosts.
Simply put, Magikarp is f**king amazing."

I wrote that a while ago. I think it still applies.

http://variant.pokerealm.com

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah cool. Thanks.

Draggadon

Draggadon
Trainer
Trainer

if the opponent has a priority move magickcarp will only get in one flail before dying, plus if stealth rocks are in play he wont even get to use his sash

ThE HuNtEr

ThE HuNtEr
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just did this for April Fools so.... yeah.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum