The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Brief Encounter With.. Special // Physical Attacks !

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

A Brief Encounter With.. Special // Physical Attacks !
Starring Jojo !

Hi guys. Today I will teach you the basics of physical and special attacks. I suppose I will dive straight in!
*Omn, omn, omn*

Physical Attacks
Physical attacks are what it basically says. They are physical moves - and as such - are based upon the Attack stat. If you have a high attack stat, the chances are the move you are using will be powerful, even if it is a relatively weak move. ( Such as Pursuit or Bullet Punch ) Many Pokémon make the most of their Attack stat and use it to dominate foes with Special Defences.

The sprite image for a move to be a physical move is this: A Brief Encounter With.. Special // Physical Attacks ! PhysicalIC
So if you see this beside the information for a move - it is Physical.

To counter a Pokémon with high Attack // Physical Moves is to have a High Defence. If you have a high defence stat, it will be able to withstand physical attacks much easier, and fight back with your own. However, usually many Special Attackers have low Defence stats - such as Alakazam - enabling you to take them out with a Pursuit or another strong move. However - many strong attackers have low defence stats, so fighting fire-with-fire may be a good option as well.

Example: Scizor with Technician and Bullet Punch or Pursuit can be devastating to most Special Attackers, or many Attackers as well.

Special Attacks
Special attacks are like the opposite of Physical attacks. They are usually used by Pokémon of the Psychic type, and can cripple many Physical attackers. Special Attacks are based on the Special Attack stat, and moves such as Psychic can benifit highly from this. Special Attackers can generally do well against Physical Attackers and some Physical Walls.

The sprite image for a Special Attack is: A Brief Encounter With.. Special // Physical Attacks ! SpecialIC
If you see this symbol beside a move description then it is a Special move.

To counter a Pokémon with a relatively high Special Attack is to have a Pokémon with a high Special Defence, so having an Alakazam verse another Alakazam will most likely counter each other. Special attackers are usually used against Physical Walls or Physical Attackers, as they usually have low Special Defence stats. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to use a Special Attacker against another as it can just waste time as they wall each other quite well.

Example: Alakazam with Calm Mind and Psychic will power up both it's Special Attack and Special Defence stats, making Psychic more powerful and letting it withstand more hits.

If you have any questions or suggestions then post here! :3

boy from asension

boy from asension
Knight
Knight

Cool intro. I remeber when you just had to guess if it was a speical or a physical move.

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

Yeah, I think it was introduced in R/S/E? I can't remember..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum