The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interesting Facts!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 4:54 am

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

-the opposite sides of the dice always add up to seven
-every year dogs kill more people than great white sharks have over the past 100 years
-gold fish are just the domesticated version of a carp and they used to be a greyish colour
-an iron rod was stabbed through a mans skull and he lived eleven years more
-when you snap a whip you are breaking the sound barrier
-3900 kids take up smoking everyday
-the hottest temperature ever recorded on earth was 136 degrees farenheit (57.78 degrees celsius)
- if you count from 1 normally none of the numbers would have the letter a until you get to 1000

i did not look up these facts
and i will upload more in the future! thanks for reading!holy moly i typed alot so i will break this up into sections.

Last edited by Cindergh on Mon May 17, 2010 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too long)

2happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 4:57 am

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

-a western lowland gorillas name is gorilla gorilla gorilla
-when you run your heavier than when you stand so you gain a temporary weight when running
-you cannot see the great wall of china from outerspace
- the order of the furtherest planet from the sun to the closest is Pluto, Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Earth, Venus and Mercury
-some ancient sharks were bigger than a basket ball court
-cats sweat through the pad of there feet
-india has more mobile phones than toilets
-the longest game of monopoly lasted 70 straight days
-in an average U.S house hold there are more tv sets than people
-in the olden days women in china used to wrap there feet up so tight that there foot would shrink to 3 inches long (7.62 cm)
-marios (nintendo) name used to be called jumpman
-a crocodile as the worlds no.1 most strongest bite yet is mouth can be kept shut with duck tape
-the world is approximately 6,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000 kg
-a hippo can open its mouth so wide it can fit a 4 foot (1.21 cm) child inside its mouth
-cats have a thrid eyelid
-you cannot walk around inside a singaporean house naked (even if it was your own)

and i will upload more in the future! thanks for reading!

3happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 4:59 am

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

-you can die of an overdoes of coffee
-you can die laughing
-you spend 1 to 1 1/2 years in the bathroom
-all polar bears are left handed
-lactose intolerence is a mutation
-people with blue eyes is a mutation becasue when you are in your mums stomach your have brown eyes first (im not being mean to people with blue eyes!! please forgive me! Sad )
-the world record for travelling into the future is 0.02 seconds the person flew around the world 11,968 times in 748 days.
-people over the age of ten dream 4-6 times a night. you dont remeber because your forget 95-99% of your dreams so per year you dream from 1,460-2,190 times
-in japan they have square watermelons
-by 2015 1 in 3 children in africa will be orphans
-the longest game of underwater monopoly lasted for 45 days
-sharks have lived longer than dinosaurs
-there are more bicycles produced than cars
-a cryovolcano shoots out ice and can only be found on icy moons

and i will put more facts up in the future! thanks for reading!

Last edited by Cindergh on Mon May 17, 2010 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total

4happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 5:01 am

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

-dolphins sleep with half of there brain shut down
-mcdonalds salads have more fat than there burgars
-baby kolas eat there mums own poop
-lions sleep for 20 hours a day
-your eyeballs never grow
-the memory on a disc is 5 micrometers long, so if streched out it would be 2.5 kilometers long
-it takes 8.3 minutes for the suns light to get to earth
-a whales cell is the same size as a bee cell to a whale has alot of cells
-rats will eat anything includin there children 9that is why rat poison works!)
-if a blood nose is servere enough it can come out of your eyes
-2% of the world has red hair
-55% of americans dont know the sun is a star
-the worlds popultion now is about 6.8 billion (9 zeros)
-a rubis cube has 43 quintillion (18 zeros) configurations. to be precise the number is 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 [so if you turned the rubix cube once every second fromt he start of the big bang you still wouldnt be finished]
-if your urine is yellow you are de hydrated
-our funny bone is called the humerus
-the funny bone is not actually a funny bone it is actually a sensitive nerve. and when you hit it; it is not funny
-the colour red does not make a bull go crazy (bulls are colour blind) they react to movement
-the suns colour is actually white
-polar bears fur is actually clear

and i will put more facts up in the future! thanks for reading!

5happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 6:51 am

Mewtoo22

Mewtoo22
Pokémon Collector
Pokémon Collector

Where did you get these facts? Some aren't true.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Smash_Bros_RPG

6happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 6:52 am

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

really?? which ones???

7happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

I couldn't tell you which were real and which were fake. I just agree with things such as this. o3o

8happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

haha we always learn about this one in psych classes =w=

"an iron rod was stabbed through a mans skull and he lived eleven years more"
He lived, but his personality changed drastically. People didn't like him any more because he became very rude/mean :p (if I'm thinking of the same person you are)

I'm curious where you found these as well.

like:
"55% of americans dont know the sun is a star"
Reeeeeeeeally? When was that statistic taken? It sort of matters if it's taken within the last year or 30 years ago lets say...

"rats will eat anything includin there children 9that is why rat poison works!"
Are you talking domesticated or non? Because the two are as different as domesticated dogs and wild wolves x_x

"your eyeballs never grow"
I've read they do, though slightly.

"all polar bears are left handed"
What? Like their fish catching hand or something? have they personally interviewed each and every polar bear in existance? XD

"a crocodile as the worlds no.1 most strongest bite yet is mouth can be kept shut with duck tape"
That's because it has a strong bite closing, not opening =w=

I didn't look up every single question to check for accuracy/validity, just a few that stood out to me :p

http://www.sweetcharm.net

9happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Mewtoo22

Mewtoo22
Pokémon Collector
Pokémon Collector

Yea, I was talking about the eyeball thing. When you're born, your eyes are 80% as large as they'll ever be.

The polar bear thing is weird too. I'm guessing that an expert found something in polar bear muscles, which led them to believe that the left paw is more dominant.

And I seriously doubt that only 2% of the world has red hair. Maybe 10% at the least.

And salads with more fat than burgers? Perhaps if you didn't eat the burger... My guess is that whoever founded this theory stretched the rules a bit. (Like an extra large salad with condiments may have more fat than a small burger)

Oh, and more info on the rod man? I've heard about that, but not the details.

10happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 pm

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

i also heard about that guy with the iron rod... i think i saw a pic too XD

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

11happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

Mewtoo22 wrote:And salads with more fat than burgers? Perhaps if you didn't eat the burger... My guess is that whoever founded this theory stretched the rules a bit. (Like an extra large salad with condiments may have more fat than a small burger)

pretty much. Certain dressings can definitely make the calorie count go up. Also cheese, croutons, bacon, and so on.

Here is a pic of how the rod went through his skull (his name was "Phineas Gage" if you care to google it)

Spoiler:

12happy Re: Interesting Facts! Mon May 17, 2010 9:48 pm

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

oh yeah, that's it! i read it in some book ^.^

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

13happy Re: Interesting Facts! Tue May 18, 2010 3:12 am

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

well i have a twitter account and i am following this account thing and every now and then they would post something new but i dont know i guess im too gulliable and belive everything i hear or see. but i dont know...... Embarassed but i dont see alot of red headed people so i guess you sorta can believe that 2% of the world is red headed but i dont want to look at the photo of the man with the rod through hid brain or whatever No but i dont know about the 55% of americans dont know the sun is a star statistic :\ but my cousin told me about you eyeballs never grow thing so yeahh Embarassed and i guess the dressing can increase the calories and stuff like that but its mcdoanlds.. what more can you expect thoughhh.... maybe that might not be true because i think..., i THINK THINK THINK that 81% of statistics are false but yeeaaaahhhhhhhhh im really confused now

14happy Re: Interesting Facts! Tue May 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

lol didn't mean to throw you off XD

Sometimes knowledge we acquire over time turns out to be wrong, even if we've believed it for so many years. I've had it happen to me dozens of time.

When in doubt, double check your facts online or in a trusted reference book ^^!

Oh and the pic I posted isn't bloody or gross or anything. It's just a drawing of 4 skulls from different angles showing how the rod went through. If you still don't want to look that's fine >_<

15happy Re: Interesting Facts! Tue May 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Mewtoo22

Mewtoo22
Pokémon Collector
Pokémon Collector

Same here, things you hear can often be wrong. You never know where the other person heard it from, you know?

Oh, and Cinder, the "81% of statistics are false" thing is a joke. I'm hoping you knew that.

16happy Re: Interesting Facts! Wed May 19, 2010 3:46 am

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

Mewtoo22 wrote:Same here, things you hear can often be wrong. You never know where the other person heard it from, you know?

Oh, and Cinder, the "81% of statistics are false" thing is a joke. I'm hoping you knew that.
ok thats good because i wast sure so yeah!

17happy Re: Interesting Facts! Wed May 19, 2010 6:53 am

Mewtoo22

Mewtoo22
Pokémon Collector
Pokémon Collector

Yea, its a paradox statement, like saying "All generalizations are false."

18happy Re: Interesting Facts! Thu May 20, 2010 3:37 am

Cindergh

Cindergh
Archer
Archer

NEW INTERESTING FACTS!
jupiter is made of the 2 lightest gases but it is still the heaviest planet in the solar system
and the more people you eat with the more you eat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum