The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT

+2
Clover
Reao
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Reao

Reao
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT FightingICCLOSE COMABAT!

since the advent of the 4th generation Pokemon games im sure most if not all of us are familiar with the move Close Combat,its a fighting type move that does CRAZY damage(at least when used by a fighting type) however in return causes a Defense and SP Defense De-buff.
MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Close_Combat_ani
with a base power of 120, accuracy of 100 and a PP stock of 5(8 with PP Max) its arguably one of the most powerful and usefull "physical" fighting type moves out there.
When Pokemon like Lucario, Gallade and Heracross get the Added Bonus of STAB on this move its power rises to a whopping 180 base power, the possibilities are terrifying. 1Hit KOing all super effective (and in the case of attack EV or Choice Band Heracross and Lucario) all normal Effective hits.
MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT 150px-Lucario_Close_Combat
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR COMBINATION S
I think this move really deserves the Hype it gets in the anime. I recommend it as a move at least 1 Pokemon in your team should have access to, adding the fared "Swords Dance" boost will create a sweeper to be reckoned with, another option is to use held items like
MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Bag_Fist_Plate_Sprite"fist plate" "Expert Belt"MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Bag_Expert_Belt_Sprite and the "Black Belt"MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Bag_Black_Belt_Sprite to add a little extra oomph to this move, add these items boost to the considerable 50% "plus from STAB and youve got a move thats sure to K.O. all that stand in your way. take note that if this move isnt used with care the De-Buffs from repeated use can really come back and bite you, but most argue that "when getting the opportunity to 1 hit KO 2 or 3 Pokemon in a row..who cares?" so try it out and see the results for yourself, this move is NOT for everyone and those who plan to take advantage of its limitless possibilities and insane power need to work hard and suffer failures to do so. but take my word for it, "It Is Worth It!"
till my next post Later.
PLZ FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OWN COMMENTS ON THE MOVE AND COMBINATION S

thank you to bulbapedia.net for the images used in this post MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Ani001MS

Last edited by Reao on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

2happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

I put it on my hitmonchan ^^ It's pretty handy, especially as a finishing move. I don't tend to use it at the start of a match though simply because of the negative side effects that go with it.

http://www.sweetcharm.net

3happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Rezna

Rezna
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well it was on that "blues clues" gallade of mine. i use hypnosis, swords dance then close combat. and if they send ot gengar or some thing ill use shadow sneak Smile but after a short amount of time i swapped close combat for drain punch. way better.

4happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:04 pm

boy from asension

boy from asension
Knight
Knight

It's a good move but is like overheat but fighting type. It's cool, but I never use it because of the negative... Not in game any-who.

5happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:52 pm

Reao

Reao
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

its nowhere near as much of a drag as over-heat, over heats' recoil reduces your pokemons sp.atk sharply reducing the ability of your pokemon to mount another atack with as much power, Close combats doesnt cut your pokemons offensive capabilities nor does it cut your defensive capabilities as much as over heat cuts your offensive.

6happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Luigi_Lord

Luigi_Lord

Close Combat is definitely the best Fighting-type move in the game. It's drawback isn't so bad. It's mostly for pokemon like Sashed Infernapes and Scarfed Lucarios so that they can sweep easily and quickly. You can still give it to a strong and sturdier pokemon like Gallade and Heracross. Just switch them out when you feel like they're about to get KO'd by the next attack. Maybe Drain Punch and Focus Punch are good attacks, too. But Drain Punch doesn't really pack a punch and you'll usually need to set up a Substitute for a successful Focus Punch. Super Power is also a good fighting-type move. I usually teach that move to any of my sweepers that can learn it if they can't learn Close Combat. For example, one of my Scizors knows Super Power. I have that move instead of Brick Break for more immediate power to take down pokemon that can stall Scizors like Magnezones and their Magnet-Pull ability. After using that move, I will usually go for U-Turn, next. That way, it stats are reset when it comes back and and it'll inflict some damage while switching out. If I know it'll get KO'd by, let's say, a Dragonite's Earthquake, then I'll just switch it out normally. Btw, I suggest you keep Close Combat on that Gallade and then use Destiny Bond since it will most likely get KO'd from the next attack because of the lowered stats.

7happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Reao

Reao
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

another brilliant set of inputs from you guys. im going to organize some tests and give out ribbons to those who pass expect them by the middle of next week.

8happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Paradox

Paradox
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

Having Close Combat on Infernape is a great idea since Infernape is the fastest Fighting-type Pokemon and has good Attack and Sp. Attack. I usually have my Infernape have Overheat and Close Combat, and you don't have to fear a Pursuit as Dark only deals half to Fighting-types. The only problem, along with the reduced Defense and Sp. Defense, is the PP of 5 (or 8). If you manage to sweep the team, it's no problem, but it can become a problem later on if it's a stall match.

I have to say Close Combat is the best Fighting-type move considering that ten evolved Pokemon can use Close Combat, but second best would be Machamp's Dynamic Punch with No Guard, and finally Breloom's Focus Punch that it can use effectively.

http://www.skorgro.com/

9happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Reao

Reao
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

ill get the test to u as well paradox and im glad you pointed out machamps dynamic punch which he can use to maximum effectiveness with the ability "No Guard",
MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT 170px-068Machamp
this allows every move used by or against this pokemon to hit without fail. also the pokemon can be hit while using fly, or surf. ill also be doing threads on specific pokemon and their abilities soon. Because i dont realy like traditional smogon builds

10happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:00 pm

boy from asension

boy from asension
Knight
Knight

Reao wrote:its nowhere near as much of a drag as over-heat, over heats' recoil reduces your pokemons sp.atk sharply reducing the ability of your pokemon to mount another atack with as much power, Close combats doesnt cut your pokemons offensive capabilities nor does it cut your defensive capabilities as much as over heat cuts your offensive.
What I meant was like overheat it must be used at the right time with the right pokemon or it will be the end of you.

11happy Re: MOVE ASSESMENT CLOSE COMBAT Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:50 am

Reao

Reao
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

that's true, especially the "right Pokemon" part, to realy get some awesome results from this move STAB is very important meaning that having it on i fighting type is best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum