The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weird question

+2
Paradox
CuteLittleJirachi
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1happy Weird question Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:52 pm

CuteLittleJirachi

CuteLittleJirachi
Trainer
Trainer

Here is a weird thought experiment:
You have crush on someone ("A"). However, A was taken away and married to someone else. You are in extreme hopelessness and depression. However, memory manipulation was possible. your depression can be cured by erasing the memory about the love to A. (therefore you will no longer love A after the memory was manipulated). What are you going to think? Are you willing to erase the memory? Why? Is "love" preventing you to do that?
I cant Google this problem so I asked here.

2happy Re: Weird question Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Paradox

Paradox
Pokémon Master
Pokémon Master

These questions seem to be based on what you would do.

What are you going to think?
I would think this would be wrong and I should live with whatever life threw at me.

Are you willing to erase the memory?
No.

Why?
Everything that happens happens for a reason.

Is "love" preventing you to do that?
No, I am.

http://www.skorgro.com/

3happy Re: Weird question Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

If you love someone, sometimes that involves letting them go. Even if it means being with someone else. If they truly love you back, then they'll come back to you.

I wouldn't get the memory erased, and I wouldn't go into a state of hopeless depression.

http://www.sweetcharm.net

4happy Re: Weird question Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:40 am

HeavenWheel「Bluey」

HeavenWheel「Bluey」
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

>_< love, love, i can't answer these.................

5happy Re: Weird question Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:08 am

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

love stinks. if that happened to be, i'd be mad and be like 'oh well, forget about them.' and forget about them. non need to use something to erase my memory

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

6happy Re: Weird question Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:26 am

Leon

Leon
Uber Trainer
Uber Trainer

Hm, it's funny that I'm somewhat in this situation but fact is, that's what life is about. To ask to erase your memory is simply delaying the inevitable.

Say you did erase your memory. What then? Will you constantly erase your memory every time you fall in love with someone, only to find out she has someone else in their life that she/he loves? No!

It's bound to happen, and if not, then you're lucky. A heart break doesn't make you weaker unless you let it be. You need to be strong and remember that there's 6,809,700,000 in this world and there will always be someone else who will love you.

There are times when love stinks, but remember, you only get to live life once, so enjoy it as much as you can. Be happy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum