The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Dream League Forum
In order to post in and view most of the forum, you will have to login. So please join us ^_^
The Dream League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place to dream, and show the world how awesome you really are

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Nintendo system?

+11
CuteLittleJirachi
blazingf
Snuffleoffagus
MasterKeyX
Pokéfreak
billiethemancox
[DX] Dracario
griffinheart
Jojo-Kunn
kommeo
Clover
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1happy Next Nintendo system? Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:29 am

Anonymous

what do you guys think the next nintendo system will be like, as a consol (not portable) The wii already has motion control, I dont understand how it could possibly become any better. But I'm sure I am wrong with improving technoligy.
The wii has been out for almost four years now.
There was a 5 year gap between the game cube and the wii
could we see a new system being revealed in the next two years? Maybe.
I would like to see Major upgrades from the wii, but as I said a few sentences ago I dunno how it can possibly get much better.
I do like how there are alot of diffrent colors for wii remotes now
thats cool

2happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:54 am

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

I don't know what the next new 'thing' for console systems will be either...

Perhaps something with many functions other than just gaming? Like the ability to call people similar to skype with a video input as well. The more useful functions it has besides the standard gaming functions the wider audience it will appeal to.

((my secret dream is to have video games be something similar to the holo deck on startrek =w=))

/end nerdyness

http://www.sweetcharm.net

3happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:53 am

kommeo

kommeo
Admin
Admin

lets just go to holograms poping out of the console, or like a built in project to shine on a wall so one won't have to buy a big tv, all they need is a blank wall. They have been working on a virtual reality thing where your placed in this giant ball that rotates around on a platform so you won't have to worry about bumping into anything. The made 4 of them so far I think, and it might be the next thing in gaming Hm...

4happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

I would love to have virtual reality. Like, where you do stuff in real life, and it happens in the game? Yes please! Imagine 'Woo-Hoo'-ing in The Sims. >.>

5happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:56 pm

griffinheart

griffinheart
Admin
Admin

Jojo- wrote:I would love to have virtual reality. Like, where you do stuff in real life, and it happens in the game? Yes please! Imagine 'Woo-Hoo'-ing in The Sims. >.>

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be AWESOME

http://guardeddreams.site40.net

6happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Sat May 01, 2010 3:20 am

[DX] Dracario

[DX] Dracario
Admin
Admin

The Wii is a very amazing system. I can do more with it then any other console I have ever messed with.

I am sure Nintendo will once again wow us with another great system.

https://clover.forumotion.com/member-clubs-f33/guild-the-order-of

7happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:09 pm

billiethemancox

billiethemancox
Team Rocket
Team Rocket

Nintendo has done fine and set it's limits just fine enough to where they can up themselves to Sony and Microsoft's latest systems later and still get money. They will focus on media sooner than later now, I'm sure. Video features seems like a sure thing, with the 3DS doing 3D pictures.. Be the next step.

https://www.facebook.com/billiethemancox

8happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Pokéfreak

Pokéfreak
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero

Jojo- wrote:I would love to have virtual reality. Like, where you do stuff in real life, and it happens in the game? Yes please! Imagine 'Woo-Hoo'-ing in The Sims. >.>

No! Bad! There are children here! -sprays with water- BAD JOJO!

9happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 am

MasterKeyX

MasterKeyX
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer

Oh. My. God. I have so much to say about this.

As an honorary Nintendoite for 10 years, Nintendo needs to do alot to fix their next console and actually not suck like the Wii has. First, what is this friend code/wi-fi internet garbage? it provides for terrible online play of all sorts. Nintendo needs to upgrade to use of real internet connection. Friend codes simply hamper creation of global gaming communities, and are annoyingly inconvenient.

Next, I know innovation is nice, but really, nobody cares. Nintendo needs to delv into the world of HUGE FPS multiplayer games. They need to appeal more to the hardcore gamer and less to the casual gamer.
In line with this theory, they need to restrict third party development a bit. it tarnishes the console with garbage titles and cheap gameplay.

10happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 am

Pokéfreak

Pokéfreak
Pokémon Hero
Pokémon Hero

So....... you want Nintendo to make an Xbox? Nintendo is for kids. Although..... I'm probably going to buy all of Nintendo's future First-Party games. (Zelda, Metroid, Etc.)

11happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:30 am

billiethemancox

billiethemancox
Team Rocket
Team Rocket

MasterKeyX wrote:Oh. My. God. I have so much to say about this.

As an honorary Nintendoite for 10 years, Nintendo needs to do alot to fix their next console and actually not suck like the Wii has. First, what is this friend code/wi-fi internet garbage? it provides for terrible online play of all sorts. Nintendo needs to upgrade to use of real internet connection. Friend codes simply hamper creation of global gaming communities, and are annoyingly inconvenient.

Next, I know innovation is nice, but really, nobody cares. Nintendo needs to delv into the world of HUGE FPS multiplayer games. They need to appeal more to the hardcore gamer and less to the casual gamer.
In line with this theory, they need to restrict third party development a bit. it tarnishes the console with garbage titles and cheap gameplay.

Nintendo has done well with the Friend Codes. I'm allowed to invite my friends to play, and then some games allow you to play random people such as Mario Kart. I find that pretty great because I don't have to deal with random people during my game-play. The 3DS is heard to allow random play with different people if you want though. So Nintendo is listening, but slowly. They will not name a new console away from the Wii till the next Generation.

Why would they need to appeal more to the hardcore market when they can make more with the casuals? Nintendo done well at E3 to hamper the needs of hardcore gamer's wants with Donkey Kong Country Return, Kid Icarus and a Goldeneye remake. While games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, MadWorld, No More Heroes and such can be enjoyed by both categories.

Those 3rd party games tend to be on Xbox or PS3 also, just are over-looked because they tend to be known more "mature" consoles. Which is stupid to say, since the ones who tends to get an Xbox 360 is 14-18-year-old teenagers in the sales surveys. Last I checked, teenagers are not that mature, even more from this generation.

12happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Snuffleoffagus

Snuffleoffagus
Trainer
Trainer

MasterKeyX wrote:Oh. My. God. I have so much to say about this.

I agree with you in the main, but at what point does Nintendo cease to be Nintendo? Think about the consoles released by Nintendo: They pretty much invented the handheld, the Gamecube, the Wii, all of the older consoles such as the Nintendo64. All of the consoles or handhelds released were original for their time, aside from the obvious cash cows like the DSiXL and a few others.
Anyway, what I'm getting at is that Nintendo should not be releasing another PS3 or Xbox. I'm sure the Wii has more potential to please the hardcore gamer that has been tapped into, in part because no major gaming companies that aren't already signed onto Nintendo want to tarnish their reputation with the Wii. In reflection, innovation is nice, but not at the price of the console. The multiplayer system for the next console does need an overhaul, friend codes are definantly a no-no. Finally, Nintendo needs partnership with more mainstream developers. The Wii has limited itself to only a few types of games- poor quality shooters, platformers, and a few adventure games sprinkled in. I'd love to see the next console be able to deliver RPG's, viable shooters, and anything else that can be pulled off cleanly.

13happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Jojo-Kunn

Jojo-Kunn
Pokémon Legend
Pokémon Legend

But I must agree, and surely everyone else would, it would be great to just verse somebody randomly rather than needing to use a friend code. I don't want to join loads of sites just to battle someone.

BUT - Pokemon Black and White have a feature to battle with a random person in the world, and also a video chat. It can be between 4 people (wireless communications) or 2 people (wi-fi). So those of you who are saying to not make another X-Box or PS3, then isn't Nintendo following the same trend? Who knows what the next home console will be like?

14happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:12 pm

billiethemancox

billiethemancox
Team Rocket
Team Rocket

Jojo- wrote:But I must agree, and surely everyone else would, it would be great to just verse somebody randomly rather than needing to use a friend code. I don't want to join loads of sites just to battle someone.

BUT - Pokemon Black and White have a feature to battle with a random person in the world, and also a video chat. It can be between 4 people (wireless communications) or 2 people (wi-fi). So those of you who are saying to not make another X-Box or PS3, then isn't Nintendo following the same trend? Who knows what the next home console will be like?
Nintendo is honestly going to have to start following trend sooner or later, or it's going to be looked as "behind" and "out of date". Loyal fans will even start going eventually if they don't try to catch up sooner or later.

15happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:17 pm

MasterKeyX

MasterKeyX
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer

It's just that Nintendo seems to go out of their way to hamper online play, and, in the market of today, that puts them at a major disadvantage.

I'm just saying, they need to catch up.

16happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:21 pm

billiethemancox

billiethemancox
Team Rocket
Team Rocket

You know what strikes me odd? They go for the casual gamers, and casual gamers tends to find the DVD thing a fancy and something great, yet all you can do is watch Netflix on the Wii.. I surely thought with the Next Revolution I was reading in Nintendo Power that it was going to play DVDs.

17happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:27 pm

MasterKeyX

MasterKeyX
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer

Well, actually, Netflix is a cool feature..

I love Ninty and all, guys, but I just don't wanna see them fail.

18happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:27 pm

billiethemancox

billiethemancox
Team Rocket
Team Rocket

MasterKeyX wrote:Well, actually, Netflix is a cool feature..

I love Ninty and all, guys, but I just don't wanna see them fail.
To bad the feature was created for all the systems and PCs.. Haha. Making it kinda unoriginal.

19happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:19 pm

blazingf

blazingf
Trainer
Trainer

I think Nintendo needs to focus on better wifi play before coming up with a new and better system.

20happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:14 pm

billiethemancox

billiethemancox
Team Rocket
Team Rocket

Not all games need a Friend Code, right? Maybe it's the publishers that need to step up the game a bit more?

21happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:43 pm

MasterKeyX

MasterKeyX
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer

Most people who utilize friend codes claim it helps enhance safety, but that just sounds like a bunch of bull to me.

22happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

MasterKeyX wrote:Most people who utilize friend codes claim it helps enhance safety, but that just sounds like a bunch of bull to me.

It's a hassle...but at least you know who you'll be talking to over wifi ._.

23happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:54 pm

MasterKeyX

MasterKeyX
Mystic Trainer
Mystic Trainer

Clover wrote:
MasterKeyX wrote:Most people who utilize friend codes claim it helps enhance safety, but that just sounds like a bunch of bull to me.

It's a hassle...but at least you know who you'll be talking to over wifi ._.

That's pretty much all it's good for... without friend codes, there can be random people abuse because there is no registration system.

24happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:19 pm

CuteLittleJirachi

CuteLittleJirachi
Trainer
Trainer

I want to see hologram gaming where you use your fingers to interact with the holographic objects, but I don't know if it's possible,
or, make a gaming system that has productivity features that a PDA have.

About friend codes, anonymous online battles are enough.

25happy Re: Next Nintendo system? Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Clover

Clover
Admin
Admin

CuteLittleJirachi wrote:I want to see hologram gaming where you use your fingers to interact with the holographic objects, but I don't know if it's possible,
or, make a gaming system that has productivity features that a PDA have.

About friend codes, anonymous online battles are enough.

I'm almost certain I saw this...I think Microsoft was developing it? It was this little dragon that sat in the palm of your hand, and moved if you poked it and so forth. So cute ^^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum